Monday, March 14, 2011

week 11 of praying God's word


Week 10's verse- Proverbs 3:5
The Lord really challenged me this week as I prayed this verse.  There wasn't some massive circumstance that tested my trust in the Lord, but it was the reminder of the everyday things and how much I truly just depend on my understanding of things.  I feel like I am pretty good at trusting the Lord when "big" things come up, but with the everyday stuff, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it.  But, the Lord desires for me to completely and totally trust Him in ALL things, not just the big stuff but in the mundane routines of life as well.  I want to keep learning how to relinquish my need for control and to truly trust the Lord.  This is hard for me, people, really hard.  It's a lot easier to depend on my understanding of things--because I understand it.  I get it.  However, God never said that I needed to "get" everything.  Only that I needed to trust Him to handle it.  He is much bigger than I am, after all.

Now, for week 11... This past week, I have been really focused on the idea of fasting as we have entered into the season of Lent.  I posted about this last year, but I will just quickly say that I love this season.  I love the way it forces me to be intentional about laying something down before the Lord in an effort to spend more time in His presence.  So, last night as I was reading my Bible, I was drawn to Isaiah 58.  Wow.  It is amazingly powerful.  I am going to read the whole chapter each day this week.  It is so rich.  I won't post the whole thing on here, but I plan to post the verses that most impacted me next Monday. 
If you haven't read it before, go now and read it.  You will be blessed.
If  you have read it, go read it again.
It really is that good.



No comments: