I have lots of posts swirling around in my head, but until I get them from my head to the internet, I will leave you with a few random things that are on my mind these days.
1. Date nights with the hubs are my jam. We got two this week because our small group met for dinner (totally counting it!), and my love surprised me with another night out with just the two of us last night. I had a rough mommy day yesterday, and he blessed my socks off with a quiet dinner away. A date with Chris can pretty much make any bad day immediately better.
2. Valentine's Day is coming up, and I know I am not the only person who thinks holidays become infinitely more fun when you have children. I was never in love with Valentine's Day, but I am kind of getting into it this year. I actually even decorated a little bit for it for the first time ever. I am loving searching Pinterest for cute valentine ideas for the kids to give to their friends, and I even bought special plates just for Valentine's Day.
3. Micah was sick at the beginning of the week with tonsillitis, and she is feeling way, way better now. That poor girl has had it rough this winter. She is a tough one and bounces back in no time. I am so ready for this "sick season" to be over.
4. Another thing I am ready to say good bye to is winter. My word, it has been a cold one in Texas. We have had way too many days with highs in the 30's, and I'm done with little ice pellets raining from the sky. Where did the mild Texas winters go? I love the extra snuggles on the couch with my kids and all, but it's official. I'm over it. Spring, anyone?
5. I'm thankful it is the weekend. I am pretty much in love with weekends with my little family. Lots of rest, lots of playing, lots of coloring and drawing, and lots of being together. I love it. I also love the feeling of restoration I have after a weekend--God's grace.
6. The Olympics!!! Love em. This is one of the few times that the adult dwellers of the Fieldhouse feel fairly patriotic. USA...USA...USA!
Have a wonderful weekend! Hope it is filled with people and activities you love.