Wednesday, March 9, 2011

baby love

It's been a while since I've dedicated an update to our little bitty love, and even though I want to document this pregnancy on here like I did Micah's for my personal memories, it is a little bit overwhelming right now to think about doing weekly updates.  So, instead, I will try to update once a month.  I am taking {mostly} weekly pictures of the baby bump, so I will post those as well.
This pregnancy has really been smooth.  My pregnancy with Micah was so easy, and I honestly had no idea what to expect with this one.  I prayed that it would be similar in regards to both my and baby's health, and so far, it's been just the same.  I am definitely blessed.  Since entering the second trimester, I have been feeling great for the most part.  I had a couple more days where I experienced some nausea, but that seems to have gone away now.  I have regained my energy, and the truth is I sometimes forget I am even pregnant!  It's crazy to think that because with Micah my entire world was wrapped up in being pregnant with her, but I guess that is just one of the changes that come with already being responsible for a sweet little one.
My belly seems to have grown a bit quicker with this baby as well.  I was already "showing" a little bit at 13 weeks!  Holy cow!!!  I love it though.  I love when people ask me if I'm expecting, and I feel blessed to be able to say yes for the second time.  Here are the recent bump pictures {week 14 is missing because that was the crazy week, and I totally forgot to take a picture...oops!}
We have had two doctor's appointments so far.  We went to the second one when I was about 13 1/2 weeks, and we had a slight moment of fear.  Dr. S was trying to hear baby love's heartbeat with the doppler, but he couldn't find it.  He tried for what felt like forever.  I was honestly very calm throughout the whole ordeal, but Chris was pretty nervous.  If you know us, you know that the roles were completely reversed in this situation.  Chris is usually the calm one, and I am the nervous wreck!  So, Dr. S brought in the sonogram machine to make sure he could find the heartbeat that way.  We got to see our sweet baby again, and he immediately found its heart just beating away, perfectly healthy.  It was definitely a relief and a little treat to see our baby again.  Our next appointment is next Thursday, and I already cannot wait to hear that little heartbeat again.  I feel like I am more emotional about it this time, but I think it's just because of how much I love Micah.  And, I know that I will love this baby just as much.  It's totally amazing!

Other than that, there is not much to report.  Things are going just as they should as far as we can tell.  I am not having too many cravings, but one thing I cannot handle is a lot of spicy, fried foods.  So, my beloved wings are a no go right now.  This baby just doesn't agree with them.  That is a small sacrifice.  We are just so thankful for the chance to be parents to two children.  What a blessing it is to bring a child into the world and to experience the richness of loving them.

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

My sweet Stacey,
You are such a pretty pregnant Mommy...you just glow!

I love you!
Mom