Monday, March 7, 2011

praying God's word...week 10


"Your kingdom come, Your will be done--on earth as it is in Heaven."  Matthew 6:10
Praying that verse this past week helped me to put things into perspective a lot more.  With Chris being gone, it was a good and constant reminder that what we are trying to do with Mercy Project is to bring the kingdom of God on this earth, and when I started to get discouraged or tired while being alone with Micah this week, this served as a gentle nudge that God has us exactly where He wants us.  I am thankful that His kingdom is so much bigger and more inclusive than mine.  My view is so small and so selfish, and I am thankful to serve a mighty God.

This week's verse:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Do not depend on your own understanding."  Proverbs 3:5
This verse is simple and one that I've heard a thousand times.  But as I thought about what verse to pray this week, this one kept coming to my mind over and over.  I am certain that the Lord will use it to bless, encourage, and challenge me this week.

No comments: