Sunday, November 29, 2009

'Tis The Season

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Good food and good time spent with family. We have so much to be thankful for, and the older I get, the more I find that I appreciate Thanksgiving as a time to slow down and remember those things. I love Christmas, but I realized this year that it kind of upset me that Thanksgiving kind of gets ignored. So, I really wanted to soak it up this year. My parents came up to spend the holiday with us since I cannot travel far anymore. We enjoyed visiting on Wednesday, cooking together leisurely on Thursday, and then ate some yummy food around the table. We sure did miss the rest of our family but were very thankful to have my parents here to celebrate with us. Naptime in the afternoon and a great showing by the Aggies on Thursday night topped off a wonderful Thanksgiving.

On Friday morning, we got up and went to the early showing of Blindside. If you haven't seen, you MUST! You will not regret it. Seriously, best movie I have seen in a long time. Go!!! When we got back to the house, we pulled down the Christmas decorations and got busy. With our sweet girl's impending arrival, we wanted to make sure we got everything set up before she gets here. My mom helped us put up the tree, which I love. Chris's grandparents gave us their "old" tree because it was just a bit too wide for their space. We were happy to inherit a beautiful, prelit tree. I think it fits our living room perfectly! So, thanks Grandmamma & Grandaddy!

We go back to the doctor on Tuesday instead of Monday this week. Dr. G ordered another sonogram because she wants to be certain of the size of our sweet pea. The ultrasound tech was booked up until Tuesday, so we have to wait. It feels weird not to plan on going tomorrow, but I will wait if it means I get to take yet another peak at that sweet little girl. Maybe we'll have some news to share after the appointment on Tuesday.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with family wherever you were. As we usher in the Christmas season, I hope you will be blessed with peace and joy...the exact things Jesus came to bring!

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Stace,
I've really looked forward to & enjoyed reading your blog over the last 8+ months. It has put many smiles on my face & on my heart!
Thank you for that.
I love you!
momma