Tuesday, November 3, 2009

35


35 weeks pregnant and 35 days left.
I have been feeling great still, just a little more tired, and I am still sleeping relatively well. I told Chris a week or so ago that I feel like my definition of "sleeping well" needs a little adjustment. I usually wake up about 3-4 times each night to go to the bathroom, but I am almost always able to fall immediately back to sleep...even when Little Miss is going to town!

And, behold the swollen face in the picture above. It is officially upon me. As much as I was hoping to avoid this, it has happened. Oh well. If that is the worst problem I encounter this pregnancy, I cannot complain. Just know that I do NOT enjoy posting pictures of myself with the fat face thing going on, so you should know that I truly love you all :)

We went to get an ultrasound and to our 35 week appointment yesterday. Again, the doctor wanted to see just how big our sweet pea is, and again, we were told by the ultrasound tech that she is not so big at all. She is, however, perfect in every way! I love seeing her sweetness on that screen and watching her suck away on her little hand. So precious! When we got to Dr. G's office, she said that she actually still thinks that our little girl is a bit bigger than even the ultrasound said. She estimates about 6 lbs. right now, which would put her around 8 lbs. at full term. I am also at the point where it is time to start the weekly appointments to check for progress. I am currently 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced! And, the baby's head is LOW. Dr. G was thrilled, and I am excited that my body is doing what it is supposed to do. Just further reminder of the miracle that is the way God created the human body to work...simply incredible! We will see what next week brings.

So, yesterday was a great day full of great news about our precious little one. We have been so blessed, and we continue to pray that God will bless the end of this pregnancy and the new life that will result from it. Only a few weeks left until we get to meet her. I can't wait!


1 comment:

lindsey said...

my beautiful little swollen-faced sister :):) i think you look fabulous...still the most adorable pregnant woman ever! and, i cannot believe that baby girl is going to be with us SO SOON!! time flies! what a blessing this is. i love you and can't wait to see you very, very soon!