Saturday, November 14, 2009

the week that got away...

So sorry that I haven't posted this week! I thought about blogging probably every evening but just never got around to it. {Or maybe it's that I just didn't feel like it :)} I will try to briefly catch you up on what has been happening around our house this week.

On Monday morning, Chris and I got up and went to Target and Babies R Us to get the last bit of necessities for our baby girl. We officially have everything we need, along with pretty much anything we could want, set up for her when she arrives. We also got the most precious Christmas outfit EVER! You will not want to miss those pictures once the sweet pea is here. Monday afternoon brought our weekly appointment with Dr. G. Everything is still going well, and we are continuing to progress! Love getting good news at those appointments. Funny how going to the doctor becomes so much fun. Monday night was a girls' Bible study with some of the girls from church. Fun but tiring day!

Tuesday marked 36 weeks! That means that at the most we get to meet this little lady in FOUR weeks. 4 weeks! Can't wait. Here is the 36 week belly. I feel like there is no way we can get any bigger, and yet she proves me wrong every week.

Tuesday afternoon was another long but fun afternoon. Let me preface what happened with a brief history... We got the carseat a couple of weeks ago, and I told Chris that I wanted to "practice" getting it in and out of the Xterra. Really, we both wanted to make sure I could do it since the backseat was SO tall, and I am, well, not so tall :) Let's just suffice to say that I had a VERY hard time. I almost had to crawl into the backseat to get it off the base. So, in swoops my amazing prince of a husband who did some research, did some negotiating, and took me on Tuesday to get our new {to us} car. We said goodbye to Roxy, the Xterra, and traded for this beauty.

And, the best news is, I can actually get the carseat in and out without any trouble!

The rest of the week consisted of errands, dinner with sweet friends, a lovely pedicure, earning $140 for driving to and from downtown Dallas {a whole other story}, getting things washed and put away for baby, cleaning house, and enjoying a fabulous dinner date with my love. So, there it is. Our week. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend! Be blessed.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Stacey you are going to make such a great mom! You will LOVE it! I'd love to come see you and bring you some food or something after she's born, just let me know:)

lindsey said...

come on, baby girl!!!!!!!!!! LeeLee's rootin' for ya!!!!!!!!! xoxox