Tuesday, November 17, 2009

37 weeks and another good check-up :)

So far, I am doing better with blogging this week than last, so that is good. Is anyone else just loving this cold weather? It's nice to actually be able to use the word "cold" and not "chilly." Although I have adored the gorgeous fall weather we've been having, I am looking forward to dipping into some nice cold weather. Something about it just makes it feel like the holidays, and the season is definitely upon us. So, I will enjoy opening the door to 40 degree weather at least for a day or two and wrap up in a nice blanket on the couch. So wonderful!

We have officially reached full term! That has seemed so far away for so long that it is really hard to believe that it is actually here. 37 whole weeks of carrying this little lovey in me, and I have honestly cherished every moment of it. Have you ever really thought about how incredible the whole process is? My body knows exactly what to do at exactly the right time, and I don't even have to think about it. I don't even have to understand it or know what is taking place because my body just KNOWS. It creates a life while I go on with mine. I can't imagine not believing in God after going through this amazing experience. He has been so good to us throughout the whole thing, and I am truly blessed to have felt so great and have everything go so smoothly! We are constantly praising Him for our little girl and the privilege of witnessing this miracle!

We went back to the doctor yesterday for our weekly check-up, and things are still looking great. I am dilated to "almost" 3 cm and still 50% effaced. The doctor is optimistic and always so positive about everything. Chris and I still can't get over hearing her sweet heartbeat everytime we go...the best thing ever! I have definitely been having more and more contractions, so I guess my body is just doing what it was meant to do and getting ready for the craziest/best experience of my life. We are already praying for a smooth, healthy delivery and just trying to be patient in the meantime. Only 3 more weeks until we get to meet the child we've been praying over for 9 months now!

3 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

My heart melts each time I see you and read the blog. Soon you'll have many other wonderful details to share!!
love you stace!

Anonymous said...

So Exciting!! We just can't wait to see this precious angel and hear her name! I have enjoyed your blog so much. You have to continue it after you deliver, okay? Love you guys, see you soon. Will miss you at the Tgiving table this year, but will see you soon after (or before??) Grandmommy

Gretchen said...

Just thrilled for you guys more and more each day! Baby Girl will be so blessed by her sweet family!