Monday, November 23, 2009

the nursery!!!

The nursery is finally done {except for her initials which will not go up until after she has arrived :)}, and we LOVE it! I am warning you now that this post will contain lots of pictures, but I hope you enjoy them. So, here it is...baby girl's nursery!

This is the view from the door, looking to your right.
View from the door to the left. Above the glider are 2 dresses that were mine when I was a baby.
Giraffes are kind of a sub-theme in her room. One of our good friends, Gretchen, hand-painted this giraffe for us, and it is just perfect in her room!
Her dresser/changing table. My mom made the cover for the changing pad. I decorated the canvases above the dresser using paint, ribbon, and wall stickers.
Facing the door... her toy box and the window pane, which is super special. Read below.
Align Center
This window pane was given to us by our dear friend, Kristy Crim, and inside it are letters that Chris has written to our baby. The first one he wrote the night we found out we were pregnant, the second the day we found out she was a girl, and he will write one more {to go on the bottom} on the day she is born. I LOVE this!
Another view of the bookshelf. The little outfits on top were Chris's when he was little! The rest of the shelf is filled with books and goodies that have been given to us either when we were babies or for our sweet girl.
Another view of her crib...I just love her bedding, and the quilt her Mimi made her is the perfect touch.
Another view from the door, so you can see the window.
Her closet, already full of clothes. She will be one well-dressed baby.
Sweet baby shoes
Her bows and more closet :)
Thanks for hanging in there with me! We are thrilled with how it all turned out. Now all we need is our sweet pea to enjoy it with us.

6 comments:

lindsey said...

the anticipation grows SO much more seeing these pictures w/ all of the final touches. we can't wait to meet you sweet, sweet baby girl!!!!! i love you so much already! love, leelee

Alison said...

this is adorable...i cannot believe she will be here in 2 weeks! you guys did a great job on her room!

Gretchen said...

Perfection. :)

Unknown said...

Did you get my message, it was either last week or the week before. I know you are not giving out the baby's name yet. I am making some very special gifts for her. More to put in her room. I am not sure how I will get them to you, unless I can get your address. Then I can mail them or send them with Sandy Payne. She said that she will probably come up there sometime when the baby is born. I wanted to put the baby's name on some of them. But!!!love and miss you both. Can't wait to she her. Bobette

Jen D said...

Fantastic job on the nursery! I have so many great memories from the times that I was preparing/decorating for the arrival of our kids. Wow...You're almost there--what an exciting time for you and your family!

Kerbi said...

Baby girl's nursery is beautiful! Y'all did such a great job! She is beyond blessed to have you and Cinco as her parents!