Tuesday, December 1, 2009

so much to say...

Sweet baby girl,

I cannot believe that this part of our journey is almost over, and that in just a short time, I will be holding you in my arms. I know my life will never be the same, and I cannot wait to begin. I will never forget the day I found out that I was pregnant with you. I think I probably smiled for a whole week just thinking about it. I remember the first doctor's appointment and seeing your tiny little body on the screen with that little light just flashing away, and I got my first glimpse of the miracle that God has been working on every moment of every day since then. It was amazing to me to learn how you were growing and developing each week, and I am sure your dad would say that I was somewhat obsessed with knowing exactly what was happening. I was so well-read that I knew what the doctor had to say before she even said it :)

As my belly began to grow and become more noticeable, I loved being able to tell people that I was carrying you inside of me. Then the big day came, and we found out that you were a girl. It was so exciting to know and made it so much more real. We have had your name picked out since that day! You will be the first to hear your sweet name, baby girl, because we have kept it a secret all this time. I think it is perfect for you, and I hope you will love it as much as your daddy and I do.

Time flew by, and you just kept growing. I loved having a belly because it reminded me of the miracle of you. I will never forget the first time I felt you move inside my tummy. It felt like a little flutter, and I wasn't sure at first. But, it got stronger and stronger, and now I feel you all the time. You love to move around and remind me of how big and strong you are becoming. That is probably my favorite part of carrying you in my tummy. I love watching my whole belly move with you and seeing your daddy's face light up every single time he gets the chance to feel or see it too.

Your daddy and I pray for you every night and will continue to do so throughout your entire life. I pray that you will be a woman of unwavering faith and deep conviction and possess a love for God and your neighbors that cannot be paralleled. I pray that your daddy and I will be good examples of Christ-followers for you. I pray that you will never doubt how much we love you but even more than that, how much your heavenly Father loves you. As the verse on your wall says, "may you always act justly, learn to love mercy, and walk humbly with the Father." That is our deepest prayer for you.

I cannot wait to meet you tomorrow, my precious daughter. Be prepared for lots of cuddles, hugs, and kisses. I will miss being pregnant with you though, and it has been a privilege to carry you the past 39 weeks. I love you so much already, and I know that will multiply a million times tomorrow when I hold you in my arms and look into your eyes for the first time. Thanks for making me a mommy. Happy birth day eve, sweet pea!

Love you to the moon and back,
Your Mommy

1 comment:

Hope and Justin said...

What a precious letter!! Your baby girl is already blessed beyond words- her parents are amazing!!!

I will be soo soo anxious to get an update tomorrow and you will most certainly be in my thoughts and prayers all day long!!!