Thursday, October 15, 2009

Top Ten Things I Love About Being Pregnant:
#8 Seeing our baby girl on the sonograms. I love looking at every part of her and watching her move around. My favorite part is hearing the sonographer say that she is "perfect!" She sure is!!!

******
Since I have been pregnant, I have definitely encountered some interesting side-effects. Some are really quite funny while others are down right strange. Some involve others' reactions to me and my growing belly and others involve what is happening with my crazy body {don't worry, nothing should make you uncomfortable!}. In an effort to remember these things, I am going to make a list here. In honor of having 8 weeks to go, I have come up with 8 things.
Funny/Interesting/Weird Things About Being Pregnant:
1. I run my belly into things ALL THE TIME. I guess I just forget how far it sticks out from my body because I am always opening doors into it, etc. Poor thing, I am just beating it up.
2. I am super forgetful! I usually have a decent memory, but I will forget things in 5 minutes if I don't write it down.
3. I have also become really clumsy! You can bet if there is uneven pavement somewhere, I will find it and trip on it.
4. I can {and have been able to for a while} see the inside/back of my belly button. That is NOT natural! Thankfully, the belly button has not popped out yet.
5. I have people ask a lot how far along I am or when I am due, and when I tell them, they inevitably get wide-eyed like "oh goodness...I thought you were much closer." Am I really THAT huge?!?!
6. The cravings--I haven't had many. It started with fruit-particularly bananas which I have never liked in my whole life, then M&Ms, and the latest one this summer was peaches.
7. I went through a phase where I could NOT tolerate any spicy food. Sooo weird, but I am slowly recovering.
8. I am out of breath A LOT! This can happen at any given time, not just after physical activity. Sometimes it happens when I am sitting on the couch, watching TV. Sweet pea is crowding my space.

********
Here are me and my girl at 32 weeks and 2 days...

She is still growing like a weed and weighs right about 4 pounds. She is supposed to possibly double her weight over the next 8 weeks, but I am not quite sure where she is going to go when she keeps growing. I think she's already starting to run out of room! This week has been really fun for me, and I think my nesting instincts are really starting to kick in. I have been finishing some detail stuff for the nursery that has been hanging in the balance for a while, and I have done about 5 loads of baby laundry. I love that my laundry room smells like a sweet little baby! I can't wait to hold my girl and soak up that great smell on her!! I have also done quite a bit of organizing in the nursery. It won't be long before it will be ready to make its official debut on the blog. Get excited!!! So, it's been a good week, and I love getting ready to make our little world just a bit bigger. Be blessed.

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Love the list! Your already such a sweet, doting Mommy. : )
I lv u