Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome, Fall!

I know I've said this before, but I love fall! When it comes around, I am always convinced that fall is my favorite season. {really, fall and spring are tied...I don't really like the extremes quite as much!} It is clear that God knew what he was doing when he came up with seasons, and I find that the older I get, the more I appreciate his creativity and am reminded of his goodness!

There are several reasons I love fall, but here are my top 5:
1. Cooler weather!!! Can I get an amen??? What a blessing.
2. Deep, rich colors...I love the reds, oranges, greens, yellows, browns--so beautiful!
3. Getting back into a routine. School gets started, the crisp air is refreshing and rejuvenating, and something about fall always makes me want to be structured and on a schedule. I have definitely felt that this week, and I hope it will last at least for a little while.
4. The smells...pumpkin, cinammon, spices...yummy!!!
5. College football...I know, I know, it seems crazy, but I actually look forward to Saturdays and sitting down to watch a big game in the evenings {hopefully one including both the Sooners and the Aggies claiming a victory!}

To really get my fall spirit going, I decorated my house this week. So, here is my little house all decked out for the fall. I hope it brings a little smile to your face like it did mine.
my fall wreath...Mom and I made it last year, and I love it!

dining table

some cute little jack-o-laterns
{I don't decorate for "Halloween", so this is as close as it gets!}

breakfast table

our mantel

my favorite little group of pumpkins :)

the smell that is permeating my house these days
{by the way, this candle is amazing, and it only costs $5 at Wal-Mart. I used to think Yankee Candle had the market on fall candle, but this smells divine and is WAY cheaper. Go get one...you won't regret it!}

Now that I've shared my love for fall, I want to know what my readers think. So, what do you like/love about fall?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I like/love YOU in the fall. And winter. And spring. And summmer. And...you get it.

Ashley Jones said...

I found you on someone elses blog, but, I ADORE fall, and thought your decor is absolutely precious!
Fall is my fav time of year as well.

I just added the 'candle' to my list of things to get next time I am out and about! I am a candle freak! Have you ever tried Tyler candles?

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie?

Your decorations look great! I'm procrastinating about getting mine up. Maybe you have inspired me. I got one of the Walmart Pumpkin Spice candles and LOVE it. I have been burning it all day, everyday, so it is half gone already. But hey, I figure for $5, why not?? Hope you're feeling good and that our little angel is moving alot ( the best sign of a healthy baby at this point in pregnancy)! See you soon!

holly/mom

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to put a question mark after sweetie :)

holly/mom

The Moore's said...

I use that candle in my classroom. My students always comment on how it smells :) Don and I are excited for you and your growing family!

Mom & Mimi said...

I have no idea right now where my fall decor is so I'll just enjoy yours!! I finally got a pumpkin spice candle yesterday so we're enjoying the smell of fall. : )

Love you both!!