Friday, September 11, 2009

absolutely delicious

This is a first for my blog. I am posting a recipe, and I hope you will get as much satisfaction out of it as we have. I always love finding a good recipe, and this one definitely fits the bill!


We first experienced this delicious, yummy dinner at Chris's Grandmama and Grandaddy's house several months ago. I got the recipe then but stashed it away and kind of forgot about it. When we were having some people over on Tuesday night, I decided to try something new {I know, I'm brave}, and this was what I picked. Oh.My.Goodness!!! It is absolutely amazing. Seriously. We LOVED it! It is definitely worth a try!

Cheese Manicotti
8 oz. package of manicotti shells
1 egg
8 oz. ricotta cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozarella cheese (divided into 2-1/2 cup portions...I use a little more)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 cups tomato sauce

1. Boil water and cook manicotti shells until tender but firm. Drain and cool in a single layer on a foil lined cookie sheet.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Mix egg, cheeses, and spices together in large mixing bowl.
4. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and cover bottom with thin layer of tomato sauce.
5. Spoon cheese filling into manicotti shells (about 2 heaping tbsp. per shell).
6. Arrange stuffed shells in baking dish. Cover with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with mozarella cheese.
7. Bake covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browning.
8. Remove from oven, serve, and ENJOY!!!

No comments: