Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1st-check... 2nd-check... 3rd-here we go!

At 28 weeks, I am officially in the third trimester. I have felt really great during the second trimester, and I am hoping that continues at least a little bit into this one. The only difficulties I have had are some mild back pain {it only happens when I sit for too long} and sometimes it's hard to catch my breath after talking too much. So, really, it's been great, and I am so blessed!

We went to see Dr. G. yesterday and had a great appointment again. I had to get my finger pricked {for the first time ever...ouch!} to check my iron levels, asked lots of questions and got some great answers, heard baby's heartbeat, and found out that I am measuring a little bit big. Because I am measuring a little big, Dr. G. ordered a sonogram to start tracking this baby's growth and see if we can figure out just how big this girl of ours is. Of course, Chris and I were eager to accept this proposal of seeing her again. So, today we went and took another peek at our girl. It is amazing just how much they grow in a short period of time. Everything still looks perfect, and she is definitely a girl! We got to see her open and close her eyes, yawn, and try to get her sweet little hands and feet in her mouth :) After all the measurements, she is about 2 lbs. 12 oz. right now {about the 65%} and may just be a tall girl. She obviously did not get that from me! So, we are just thankful that she's not too big and that she is growing and developing just right. We are blessed! Here's a little glimpse of our baby girl {I know it's hard to see, but if you look close, her little hand and her foot are up there by her head :)}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. What else can I say? Glad everything went well!

mom/holly

Alison said...

wow...great sonogram picture! we're excited for you! -alison t.

Mom & Mimi said...

Awww..there's Mimi's precious little punkin! See you really soon!!

lindsey said...

can't wait to meet you, baby girl! i love you so much already!

leelee :)

Meghan said...

So glad everything went well! Cute blog! Love it!

Meghan
www.mygreatretreat.com
www.tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com