Saturday, September 19, 2009

birthday fun!

I love birthdays, and I love celebrating them. I love to spoil the people that mean so much to me and honoring them on their special day. So, of course, Chris's birthday is no exception. In fact, I could easily go way over the top to celebrate my love. However, Chris prefers a little more low-key celebration, so I am working on finding ways to honor that but still get in a good amount of spoilage :)

Since Chris's birthday was on Wednesday and we have church activities on Wednesday evenings, we went out for his birthday dinner on Tuesday night. It was the birthday boy's choice, and he picked PF Changs. {I definitely was NOT complaining!}

We enjoyed these delicious Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps as an appetizer, which is Chris's all time favorite vegetarian meal at a restaurant. You can tell that he is definitely enjoying them.

The next morning, I got this all set up on the dining room table for Chris to see when he got back from his run.

Chris really dislikes opening gifts, so for his birthday this year, I finally decided to leave his gift unwrapped. That was hard for me, but it was worth it because he really appreciated it.

I made my first ever carrot cake. I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. You just never know when you try a new recipe. I also decorated it and boy, was that interesting! I have decorated a few cakes before, and I always use the low-budget ziploc instead of buying real icing bags. Well, evidently, the baggies I had this time were WAY cheaper than normal because I think 5 of them busted as I was decorating. So, pardon the shaky writing :)

After the birthday boy blew out his candles, we enjoyed a nice carrot cake breakfast together :)

During the day, we took lunch to a lady from church and enjoyed a great visit with her and then got to relax and enjoy a lazy, rainy afternoon together. And, to top it all off, the folks from church surprised Chris with some fantastic cupcakes and singing at our Conversation Cafe that evening.

All in all, it was a great day, and I really just love spoiling my man! I think he enjoyed his birthday, but I know he can already hardly wait until next year when his daughter will be here to celebrate with him!!!

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

Looks like it was a PERFECT day!!