Wednesday, September 9, 2009

3 months and counting!

Yesterday was September 8. While that may not mean much to some of you, in the Fieldhouse it means 3 MONTHS until baby girl's due date!!! Holy cow! Where did the time go??? And, I only have one more week left in the second trimester. I knew it would go fast but couldn't have imagined that the time would go this fast! I just continue my prayer that the Lord would protect our sweet girl inside of me until it is safe for her to enter the world {in 3 months!!} and that he would continue to perform thousands of miracles everyday to help her grow and develop just like she is supposed to. And, I pray that my body will continue to handle everything well and react the way it needs to in order to ensure that she will stay put! You are more than welcome to join Chris and I in that prayer.

So, here we are at 27 weeks. I still think it is a little surreal to be pregnant and that a little life is forming inside of ME. It is pretty crazy if you really stop to think about it. This week, our little lovey weighs over 2 pounds and is about 15 inches from head to toe. I am feeling her move a whole lot these days and have even gotten to feel her get the hiccups...so sweet! For some reason, I have had a renewed sense of needing to be healthy in the past few days. Maybe it's because one of the hardest parts of being pregnant for me has been watching the numbers on the scale go up up up! Now, I've never been one of those girls that is always on a diet or exercises compulsively {or ever!}, but it is really weird to know that I am supposed to be gaining weight. In fact, I cannot do anything about it. Some days it is just hard to wrap my mind around that, but when I feel my sweet girl move, I know it's worth it. But, I have kind of allowed myself to eat too much junk as of lately, so I am trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and let go of my semi-regular ice cream ritual {so sad} at least for a while. Not only will this help me feel better but it is also the best thing for our little lady.

I hope it doesn't seem like I am complaining because really, I'm not. I am more than okay with my growing belly and am head over heels in love with the girl inside. It's just a new experience for me. You can rest assured, I have LOVED being pregnant and smack dab in the middle of a miracle. It is truly a blessing. God is good!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Don't give up the M&M's! :) Hope you and Baby Girl have had a good week. Always excited to hear the latest updates!

Angela said...

You look great, Stacey! Love and miss y'all!