Saturday, September 5, 2009

all things baby... oh, and college football!!!


Chris and I started and completed our baby registry this week. Let me tell you, it was a little bit overwhelming! Thankfully, we were armed with a great resource--Baby Bargains by Denise & Alan Fields. Seriously, this book was a lifesaver on lots of purchases. It gives reviews on pretty much any baby item and in almost every brand available. The point is to let the first-time {or second or third, I suppose} parent know what is worth your money and what isn't. For these two first-time parents, it was awesome! So, after we did our research on the "big" items, we set off to get it all done.

And, get it done, we did! Chris definitely enjoyed his time with the scanner gun, {particularly when I asked him to take a picture} and we enjoyed getting prepared for our little lady. After we finished on Friday, we rewarded ourselves with a fun lunch at Flying Fish...yummy!!! We then came home with full stomachs and decided a nap was in order...all the makings of a great day!

Getting all the stuff picked out for our sweet girl makes the whole thing more and more real. To think that we will actually tote her around in the carseat, take walks with her in the stroller, and let her rest in the little swing...ahhh!!! And, the stuff isn't even in my possession yet. I think I am just a little crazy over this girl already! It has also made me want to go into overdrive mode to get the nursery in order. I even made a trip to Hobby Lobby this week to get a few things, and Chris and I picked up a bookshelf today that is already in her room. I promise to post pictures of the nursery soon!!!

Now, to completely change the subject, one of the many exciting things about fall is here...COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! Now, I know there are some girls out there that do not particularly enjoy this sort of thing, but I can honestly say that I enjoy it almost as much as my husband. I am an Oklahoma Sooner at heart and always will be, but I thoroughly enjoy a good Aggie game {and hopefully a win!}. Chris and I have enjoyed lots of fun through our football seasons together.
Us at our first game as a married couple at Kyle Field

We love to watch the games together and have been blessed to go to our fair share of games at Kyle Field. We are not in a college town this football season, and while I definitely miss the buzz, I am okay with watching the games from the comfort of my couch. You can bet that we have all the makings for some great nachos, and the brownies are in the oven {smelling absolutely delicious} with vanilla ice cream in the freezer to top it off! What a great way to kick off the season. Boomer Sooner and Gig 'Em Aggies!

2 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

Oh, I know you two had a blast putting your registry together!! It's rather obvious!! : )
Can't wait to see the nursery again.

We had taco salad..no brownies..bet they were good!

Yea for the Aggies!!
Sorry for our Sooners.
Lv u

Mom & Mimi said...

luv the purple!