Wednesday, September 23, 2009

this and that

As seems to be a theme around our house, we have been BUSY! I will attempt to do a little catching up in this blog, but I promise that I will not try to include every detail.

But, before I get started, I need to give a special shout out to my dad because his birthday was on Sunday. Other than a sad loss by the Cowboys, I think he had a good day! For as long as I can remember, my dad has always been there for me. He definitely fits into the category of being completely wrapped around his little girl's finger {which wasn't always good for his firm decision making...I seemed to have a way of working around some of his rules :)}. We have always shared a special bond, and I am thankful for the faith that he passed on to me. He showed me what it means to work hard and be the spiritual leader of a family. That example lead me to finding a husband that would faithfully lead our home in the Lord. Thanks, Dad, for always supporting and encouraging me and being my #1 fan! I always know you are proud of me and that you love me. I hope you felt honored and celebrated on your special day. I love you!

*****

Now on to what's been happening around the Fieldhouse... After a whirlwind trip to College Station {by way of Conroe, which is a whole other blog in itself. It will come soon.} on Friday, we enjoyed a lazy Saturday afternoon/evening but found ourselves packing again before going to bed on Saturday night. On Sunday after church and Chris's soccer game, the two of us headed to Abilene to go to Summit, which is a workshop for ministers that is hosted by ACU. We had a great time there! We got to stay with the Riggs, and they were wonderful hosts. We enjoyed lots of time visiting with them in the evenings and were blessed by their hospitality. We also got to see old friends and share conversation about where life is taking all of us. Reunions with friends are always so sweet! On top of that, we were able to be encouraged by great speakers. We took away some really important stuff that will be really beneficial to us and to our church family. Time to be rejuvenated is always such a blessing. We stayed in Abilene until Tuesday morning and then headed back home. Maybe the most exciting thing about our time there is the literal cool front that came in! I am LOVING the fall weather and the fact that my a/c has not run in 2 days, yet it is somehow still cooler in my house than it was last week.

*****

Today, I put up my fall decorations and have been burning my pumpkin spice candles. I just love it. You can ask Chris--I start dreaming of putting it all up before August even ends, and I just make myself hold off until the middle of September. I love all the rich colors, and it reminds me that the holidays are just around the corner. And, with this cool weather, it makes it that much better!

*****

In baby girl news, I am now 29 weeks pregnant. I am still feeling great, just getting a little more tired. I definitely noticed that my 6 1/2 month pregnant body does not handle traveling quite like my pre-pregnancy body! We were in the car for a total of about 16 hours from Friday-Tuesday, and I definitely felt it yesterday. Good thing I have the freedom to take naps! The other significant thing about this week is that my wedding rings are probably going to have to officially retire until after delivery. They had been getting a little tighter for a while, but my hands always swell a bit in the summer with all the heat. However, I think it is time to call it quits. I just don't want to force them on, have them get stuck, and then have to get them cut off. So, my rings will stay tucked safely away until after baby girl's arrival. Our sweet girl is getting more and more active these days. I love it, except when she moves continuously in the same place because it gets a little sore or when she moves a lot when I really have to go to the bathroom! No...I actually love those times too. It is just amazing to know that God created her, and we get to be part of it!
Now, finally, here are some pictures {only of the baby bump}
28 weeks

29 weeks {and, a small view of the nursery}


Thanks for sticking with me! We do not have any more trips planned until our baby shower in mid-October, so I will be around, making for fewer epic posts. I hope you have a great rest of the week and are enjoying the fall weather!

2 comments:

Angela said...

You look wonderful, Stacey! It was great to see you last Friday. We love you and miss you!

Mom & Mimi said...

Each time I see you you it warms my heart.... I want to be there and give you a BIG HUG & KISS!!
I love you!!