Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alaska=Amazing

Summer is off to a great start. Chris and I got back on Monday from our last "just the two of us" vacation (although technically baby was there too). We went on an Alaskan cruise, and it was out of this world incredible. We had a wonderful time, and the scenery was nothing short of amazing! From the time we stepped off the {third} plane in Anchorage last Monday until the moment we walked in to the Vancouver airport two days ago, we were surrounded by breathtaking mountains, giant spruce trees, glaciers, and wildlife. For seven days, we relaxed, ate, and did whatever we wanted. It was perfect. If you know anything about cruising in Alaska, then it won't surprise you that we were some of the youngest people on the boat--BY FAR! The average age was probably 65...seriously. But, we loved every minute of it because if you know us, you know we tend to act like we are grandparents every now and then :)

We had some new experiences while in Alaska too. We went on a riverboat tour on the Chillkat River in Haines, Alaska, we went whale watching in Juneau, and we went on a floatplane in Ketchikan. We saw bald eagles, sea otters, swans, Canadian geese, humpback whales, sea lions, and a black bear. It was awesome! We had tons of fun and would highly recommend an Alaskan cruise. I will upload a couple of pictures tomorrow. {We took hundreds. If you want to see more, you have to come visit :)}

On the plane and excited to begin our vacation

The incredible scenery we saw the WHOLE trip...just a taste!

Whale watching...we saw lots of whales!

Glacier Bay National Park...breathtaking!!!



Flightseeing...this was awesome!

In other baby news, yesterday marked 13 weeks. I am feeling great these days and much more like myself. I am way less demanding when it comes to food and sleep, and I know Chris is thankful for that. I have been very blessed to have had a smooth pregnancy so far, but I am thankful to be feeling much better! I am starting to notice a little belly, and my clothes are definitely not fitting like they used to. So, the trusty rubberband and belly band are becoming staples in my wardrobe. I don't mind starting to see a little evidence of sweet baby growing in there, though!

Well, it is my bedtime. Hope everyone is doing well, and have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Angela said...

It sounds like y'all had an amazing time! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Love y'all!
Angela (& Chris & Cade)

Angela said...

Wow! I love the new look! It's great! :)