Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fellowship & 15 Weeks

We had some friends from the church over for dinner last night, and we had some great fellowship. We not only shared a meal together, but we also shared communion together. I am always reminded of what a blessing it is to do that in the middle of a meal because it allows us to have conversation about what we are actually doing when we participate in the breaking of the bread. It was a sweet, sweet time! I hope we can make a habit of doing that more often. The family that joined us for dinner is just wonderful, and they have been a huge blessing to Chris and me since we made our decision to move here. It was fun to have them into our home for a change and to watch them love on our dog. If they treat our dog like they did, I can only imagine how sweet baby love will be loved on!

Yesterday, Chris and I received a package from my Momma. I had no idea what it was and was not expecting it. But, we were not disappointed! She made the cutest little door hanger/countdown calendar for the baby. She has been chomping at the bits to do something for the baby, and this was what she came up with {she is holding off until we know if baby Field is a boy or girl}.


Isn't it just adorable?!? The little hearts with the numbers will be changed each week until the sweet pea gets here. We already have it hanging on baby's door, and it is displaying 15 weeks because that is what I am today. I receive weekly emails about the baby's progress, and I don't want to bore you with all the details on here. But, it is pretty cool. What was really unbelievable to me is that baby is the size of a large navel orange!!! Holy cow! That seems huge to me considering when we first saw baby, he/she was the size of a raspberry. God is so good! I will leave you with the 15 week belly picture. I honestly can't tell any difference from last week, but I am sure it will really "pop" one of these days.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

you.are.perfect. and I adore you.

Mom & Mimi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening.
It was fun making it for both of you! We'll be having lots of fun in a few more weeks!!!
You look beautiful. : )
lv u

daddyO and honey said...

what a cute idea you mom came up with. it is adorable. what is the baby going to call your parents??

mom/holly said...

Cute,cute,cute! (you and the baby gifts) Can't wait to hang out with you guys next week. xoxo