Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lovin' It!

**A special shout out to Fabulous K Creative for the precious new blog design. I absolutely love it and all of her work! Thanks so much, Fabulous K!**

I cannot tell you how much I love the summer because it has always meant freedom for me. The kind of freedom that is just so refreshing. I can sleep in if I want to, fix my hair if I feel like it, wear make-up only when I have to, and get lots of things done that have been lingering on my to-do list all year...and to do them leisurely! I don't particularly enjoy the heat all summer, but I do love the relaxed feeling I have once June rolls around. This summer has been no exception, but it has been even sweeter--maybe because I know that this "summer" feeling will not be leaving me once mid-August rolls around. I just love it! I have been trying to get our house put together, little by little. So far, I have tackled the family room, kitchen, breakfast nook, living room, and master bedroom/bathroom. I have decided that I am going to take a room-by-room approach as not to stress myself out or start something that I don't get finished, which inevitably happens. So far, this strategy has proved effective. I only have the guest room to clear out and decorate, and then the baby's room will get de-cluttered. It has been lots of fun for me to decorate this house, and I think part of it is because I know we will bring our first child here! Too exciting!!! I will post pictures of the house once we get finished putting it all together, but I think it still needs to be seen in person :) I hope another thing I will love about this summer is all the visitors that will stop by the Fieldhouse!

Another exciting thing around our house was that our kick-off, celebration Sunday at Heritage was this past Sunday. It was a great day of worship in song, scripture, and prayer. We spent a lot of time just praising God and being reminded that we have SO much reason to celebrate! Chris, of course, brought a fantastic sermon. He has such a gift for challenging and motivating, and he is so diligent in listening to the Lord. His passion is contagious, and I am just lucky to get to witness it everyday. We are just loving our church family here and are so excited about what the Lord is going to do in Rowlett.

I am 14 weeks pregnant today, and an email in my inbox contained the words I have been longing to hear for a while: second trimester! Yay! It is crazy to think that I am 1/3 of the way through this deal. It has flown by, so I can only imagine how the rest of it will pass quickly too. I am just trying to enjoy every phase and soak it all up. This is such a fun and rewarding time, and Chris and I just love learning about our little baby and how he/she is growing and developing all the time. It is such a miracle! I will leave you with the latest belly pictures. Baby Field is definitely beginning to show up. So fun!
12 1/2 weeks {on the cruise...please ignore the weird look on my face and the crazy head tilt!}

14 weeks

Blessings and peace...

4 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

It makes me happy knowing you are enjoying your summer! Sounds like your nearly finished decorating..WOW!
Can't wait to come visit and see everything! I love the new pics of you and sweet baby field..precious.
lv you!!!

Anonymous said...

the belly pics made me tear up... can't wait to see you soon. love you tons and tons!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be the CUTEST pregnant women EVER!!!! :o) Enjoy every moment!! God bless! Crystal Johnson

alisonthompson said...

hey there...it feels like we just saw you yesterday, and yet we are both probably realizing how fast these weeks pass...and oh isn't that so great when you're pregnant! well, at least that's how i am beginning to feel. =) your belly is lookin' great! i am so glad your trip was a hit, and what a blessing it was that you guys took it! take care, and keep us updated.