Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I believe that there are very few roles in life that are more important than that of a father, and I am so thankful to have a day to celebrate fathers all over the world that have such a huge impact on young lives. So, here's to a few important dad's in my life.

First, to my daddy... Thanks for always being there for me when I needed some support and encouragement. I know that I can always count on you, and I am thankful for the godly example you were to me growing up. Thanks for instilling in me the need for Christ in my life and gently pushing me to always do my best. Now, I can't wait to watch you be a grandpa to my children! So fun! I love you!


To my father-in-law... Thanks for raising a young boy to be a servant. I know that Chris learned so many things from you about humility and doing the dishes :) He learned so much about how to be respectful, kind, and loving to me from you, and I am forever grateful. I couldn't ask for a better father-in-law! And, I guess I should be thankful for that sense of humor, too!


Now, to my precious husband... When I married you four and a half years ago, I could not have imagined how much I would learn from you and how much you would exceed my expectations as a husband. I had so many ideas about what married life would be like, and you have completely surpassed all of my wildest dreams. So, I can only imagine what it will be like to watch you as a father to our children. I love knowing with complete confidence that you will raise them to love Jesus and be compassionate to others. And, I know you will love them with reckless abandon. I cannot wait! Happy "almost" Father's Day, lovey!


To all the other fathers out there, Happy Father's Day! You deserve so much, and we are so thankful for you!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

It has been a joy to be your best friend and husband for the last four and a half years. I can only imagine how much fun it will be for us to raise children together. You bless me abundantly.

Jim Webb said...

It's a pleasure to be a Dad to a daughter like you. You made it very easy ... most of the time ;). I appreciate you and Chris very much! Love you both! Can't wait for the granddad-ing to begin!!!!!