Tuesday, June 30, 2009

17 Weeks

Today, little baby has been inside of me for 17 weeks. It really is crazy to think that we found out about this sweet little love over 3 months ago. I am really enjoying being pregnant, and I am loving the fact that I am sort of starting to look more and more pregnant, not just chubby. This week the baby is about the size of a small pomegranate or your open palm. In the updates I get in my email, it told me that baby's ears are developed enough that baby can hear voices now. This is really exciting for Chris and me, and we have definitely amped up the talking and singing to the sweet pea! I just really love this whole thing, and it reminds me of just how miraculous this whole process is. I am just in awe of the creativity and power of God, and I know that will only grow as I get farther and farther along.

Another exciting thing about this week is that we went to the doctor yesterday for a check up. It was our first appointment with our new doctor's office in Rowlett. I saw the Nurse Practitioner to get established as a new patient and will see Dr. G next time, but Chris and I both really liked everyone we encountered at the office and feel good about our decision to use this doctor. The best thing about the whole appointment was that we got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time! WOW!!! That was incredible and such a sweet, sweet sound. I can't wait to hear it again. We find out if baby is a boy or girl in just three weeks, and I can already hardly wait! We are just having so much fun and are so thankful for how smoothly the whole pregnancy has gone. We are blessed.

Here are the latest belly pictures. I think I am really starting to "pop" out now.

16 weeks

17 weeks


Blessings...

1 comment:

daddyO and honey said...

you are lookin great!! i totally enjoy learning about the development. one of the things i looked up the most was about all of the senses!! truly a miracle!! peace to you today!!