Sunday, June 28, 2009

Schlitterbahn: Field Family Style

Going to Schlitterbahn with the Field family has become a tradition, and it is something we all really look forward to. We stay at a place in the Schlitterbahn Resort that fits all of us (11 this year!), and we can just walk back and forth between the house and the park at any time. That definitely comes in handy for food and naps--two necessities for this pregnant girl!
Chris and I left San Antonio with all our bags and headed 30 minutes up I-35 to New Braunfels. Once we got there, Chris dropped me off at HEB with his family, and he headed to Rowlett to lead the Conversation Cafe that {he also traveled the 4 hours back to New Braunfels that night and got in about 12:40am...I was very happy to see him!} At HEB, we stocked up on food for the next 2 1/2 days, and believe me, we eat well while we are at Schlitterbahn. We then got all checked in to our little "house" and began what would continue for the next couple of days. Lots of lounging around, conversation, laughter, and fun at the water park.
I chose not to ride any of the rides this year after doing lots of the research about the risks during pregnancy. I just decided it wasn't worth it. Luckily, Chris's mom also couldn't ride anything because of her recent neck surgery, so the two of us enjoyed lazy days by the pools. We had LOTS of wonderful conversation, and I had the best time just hanging out with her. I seriously have the best mother-in-law, and I feel so blessed.
We had a great time at Schlitterbahn and enjoyed being with family, but come Saturday morning, Chris and I were pretty ready to be home. We had a great week, but there is just something nice about being at home!
Thanks to the Field family for the fun times at Schlitterbahn. We are already looking forward to next year...especially baby :)

No comments: