Sunday, June 28, 2009

Remember the Alamo

Chris and I got to spend the beginning of last week in San Antonio attending the Renovare Conference. The conference began on Sunday evening and finished on Wednesday morning, and every day was truly a blessing! We were able to hear from some amazing spiritual giants of our lifetime, and let me tell you, these men and women know their stuff. They are bold, Christ-seeking people that were truly inspirational. Among the speakers were Eugene Peterson {The Message}, Dallas Williard, Richard Foster, John Ortberg, and Chris Webb. One of the greatest blessings of our time at the conference was the ecumenical diversity. There were people from all denominations, but we all came together and worshipped--uniting in one common purpose and belief that Jesus is Lord. It was a great opportunity, and I am so glad I got to join Chris.

While we were in San Antonio, we stayed in a hotel on the Riverwalk which was just an added bonus to the whole thing. Even though it was very warm, the Riverwalk is still just a cool place to be. We got to catch up with a couple of old friends over dinner as well both nights we were there. It was great to see Brett Bishop and John and Kayla Fite. I always love reconnecting with old friends and hearing their stories.

We really had a great time and enjoyed our little stay at the home of the Alamo. After San Antonio, we headed out to New Braunfels for the Field family vacation at Schlitterbahn. More to come on that...

I sadly did not get any pictures except my 16 week belly picture, but blogger is not cooperating. So, I will post that picture with my 17 week post in the next couple of days.

No comments: