Friday, July 3, 2009

Fun on the Fourth

Chris and I were at the store tonight gathering all the supplies for our little Fourth of July get-together tomorrow night, and I started thinking about my fun memories from the Fourth of July. I don't know about you, but my greatest memories from that night do not include awesome fireworks shows {because somehow I seem to miss the best ones :)} but the time spent with family and friends--playing games, eating good food, and just hanging out. I distinctly remember sitting around outside at the George Bush Library playing Catch Phrase with about 10 of my closest friends and laughing until I cried. Isn't that always the case though? Our best memories don't always include things that are tangible but more often the cultivating and deepening of blessed friendships.

So, this is a little of what we will be doing tomorrow night...

Just a little food and some great fellowship with some wonderful people.

What about you? What are your favorite Fourth of July memories? How will you spend your evening tomorrow?

3 comments:

Granny said...

Stacey, you are one cute pregnant lady!! When our boys were young, we always invited a group from church out to the farm for a cook-out. As it grew later, we would drive to Tiger Field (the OLD Tiger Field on Holik) and park in a nearby parking lot. All the kids with us would scramble onto the top of our Volkswagen bus and
watch the fireworks from the football stadium from there. It was awesome watching the lights explode in the night sky. Great memories...thanks for jogging my memory.

Week 4 at camp is ending today, so my celebration will be to go to bed in my own bed tonight!
Much love and many blessings to you both,
Granny Field

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Happy Independence Day Chris and Stacey! This is one of our favorite holidays for sure. We enjoy the family time and food the best. Today my family is in Utah celebrating and I will get together with some friends here in Lubbock. Glad I found your blog from Chris's.

Bryan Guymon

Holly Packer said...

Hey Stacey....I just found your blog and am excited to be able to keep up with yall now. Congrats on the pregnancy!! I'm glad to hear things are going well. We just had our little guy 5 days ago and it is just the most amazing experience ever!! I hope things are going well for yall in Rowlett!! We need to get together and catch up some time when we are in town!! Blessings to the 3 of you!!

-Holly Packer