Wednesday, May 4, 2011

big reveal

Baby #2 is a...

BOY!!!!!
We are so excited!  I know that having a little boy is going to just be so much fun, and I think Micah will be the perfect big sister to a little brother.  And, we love being able to call the baby "him" now. 
It makes me smile every time I refer to him.

Boys are something new for me and my family.  My dad has 3 sisters, my mom is an only child, and they had 2 daughters.  So, this whole boy thing is a really fun experience.  I know he will bring us so much joy and expand our hearts just like his big sister does.

We revealed the gender to our parents the day we found out.  We didn't do anything spectacular, but we just ran to Target and grabbed a couple little "boy" things--a couple of matchbox cars, some newborn baby boy shoes, and a lovey appropriate for a little boy.  We wrapped them in sacks, and each grandparent had a present to open.  It was a fun little way to tell them they are getting a{another} grandson!
Here is the setup before opening!
Mimi's and Pappy's reactions...I love it!  They can't wait for the first boy!
Grandmommy's and Pops' reactions!
Our excited family after we told everyone!
More than anything, we are so thankful that our little man is growing just perfectly.  All of his organs are functioning just like they are supposed to, and he was moving and grooving all over during the ultrasound.  We continue to pray for his development and growth over the next 3 1/2 months {are you kidding me?!?!}, and we are already anxious to meet this little guy.
Bring on the BLUE!!!

1 comment:

Tara Branch said...

Yea! Congratulations Stacey and Chris!! So happy for y'all!