Saturday, May 14, 2011

hey, hey baby

I am about a week and a half late on an update on our sweet little man.
Poor baby is already getting less attention than his big sister did, but I guess that is to be expected.

This pregnancy has been so smooth.  I feel extremely blessed to have easy pregnancies, especially when so many of my friends and acquaintances are not so lucky.  Being pregnant is such a gift, and I am thankful that I get to truly enjoy it because I honestly feel great!  The second trimester plays a big role in this, but I have very few aches and pains to go along with it.

This has been a big 5 weeks for our little boy.  He has been to France, survived 2 of Daddy's trips to Ghana, made his gender known to us and the world, and gotten much stronger!  I am carrying this sweet boy a little lower than I carried Micah, and I can certainly tell when his little legs are kicking me!  

He is a mover, just like his big sister, and I LOVE it.  It's definitely my favorite part of being pregnant.  Chris felt him move for the first time in France, and that is always a highlight of the pregnancy for us.  I love being able to share just a little bit of what it's like with him.  He is most active when I sit or lay down.  He also doesn't like when something or someone {namely Micah} encroaches on his space :)

I am not really craving anything this time around.  I am just hungry often, and I feel like I can really put the food away!  With Micah, I didn't see much of a difference in my appetite, but not so with this sweet boy.  Maybe it's just a dose of what feeding him during his teenage years will be like!

I haven't started the swelling too much, but as it gets hotter, I am sure that will change.  I have had very little rib and back pain so far, but I figure that is partly due to his low position.  I am still sleeping fairly well.  I have nights where I sleep great, and then other nights that I feel like I toss and turn all night.  Truly, it's not so bad, and I have pretty good energy during the day when I need it!  The bump is definitely growing, although I surprisingly don't feel like I am quite as big as I was with Micah.  Crazy!  Here is the evidence.
 Chris and I feel so blessed to be preparing to be parents of TWO kids, and we are just begging the Lord for wisdom as we seek to raise them to be Spirit-filled Christ followers.  We pray for our sweet little man every night and look forward to meeting him in about 14 weeks!

No comments: