Friday, April 29, 2011

birthdays

Unfortunately, blogger is not cooperating with me, and I had more cute pictures to post.  But, it won't let me for some reason.  Oh well.

We have celebrated a couple of birthdays in the past 2 months, and we had a great time doing it.
The first birthday was my sister's {LeeLee} birthday on March 22.  We were thrilled that she decided to take the day off and drive up from Houston to spend the day with us!  We love us some LeeLee time.
My mom treated us to mani/pedis which was sooo nice!  We loved being pampered and relaxing.
Then, we came home to a yummy dinner of grilled chicken, sausage, and veggies.  It was delicious.
We finished the night with some cake and time to just catch up.


We love you so much, LeeLee!  We are so thankful for the blessing you are to us, and we loved getting to celebrate your special day with you!

Then, I turned 27 on April 2, and to say that my husband spoiled me probably doesn't do it justice.  He seriously planned the perfect day for me.  Sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself.
We started the day off early because we were going somewhere, but I didn't know where that was.  He got us Shipley's to eat on the road, and it was so yummy.
After an hour and a half of driving, we pulled into the Houston ZOO!!!  I was beyond excited.  I had been talking about taking Micah to the zoo for a little while, and he totally surprised me with it.  It was the perfect day for the zoo, and we got there right as it opened which meant that we didn't have to fight the crowds.
It was a complete joy to watch Micah experience the zoo.  She LOVED it.  She made all her animal noises, waved, and blew kisses to all the animals.  Absolutely precious.  
I love this excited face.
The day could have ended there, and it would have been amazing.
But, Chris still had tricks up his sleeve.  He arranged for us to have a light lunch at my sister's house {she lives in Houston} and to take a little rest time there.  I loved that!  
It was perfect to see Lindsey and to rest my pregnant self :)
After we put Micah down for a nap, Chris said we were leaving and would be back after dinner. 
 {Shout out to LeeLee for keeping Micah for us!}
I had no idea what was next, but I was excited.  Chris surprised me with a mini shopping spree.  To say I was thrilled would be an understatement.  I definitely needed some clothes to fit this growing belly of mine, so it was just right.  We had lots of fun strolling through Rice Village together.
After shopping, we drove to the Galleria and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was the most delicious dinner to top off an amazing day!  
They even wrote "Happy Birthday" in chocolate syrup on my cheesecake.
We then picked Micah up and headed back home.  It was seriously such a wonderful day, and I am so blessed by my sweet husband.

The next day, we celebrated with my parents with delicious fish tacos and a yummy cookie cake.
Micah helped me open my presents.

And, she definitely enjoyed that cake!
I had the best birthday ever!

No comments: