Tuesday, May 31, 2011

praying God's word...

I have not been disciplined the past few weeks with this, but I am feeling the need for it. That's always how it works, isn't it? I neglect the Word for a while, and all of a sudden, I feela serious need and desire for it. I need it to quiet my soul and bring me peace. I need it to satiate my thirst and bring me refreshment that will last. I am thankful that the Spirit stirs these desires in my heart, little by little.

So, for this week, I am going to be keeping this verse on my mind and heart:
"Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for everything He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you love in Jesus Christ." Philippians 4:6-7

I have some things going on this week that are causing me some anxiety, and I truly want to release that and be filled with God's peace. So that is my prayer for the week.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

love you.