Thursday, May 19, 2011

here's to all the moms

This is super late, but here is my mother's day post.
We are blessed with some incredible examples of moms in our lives.  Our children will not be lacking in a good understanding of what a mother should be if they just watch their Mimi and Grandmommy.
These women are both amazing examples of Godly women who exemplify what it means to sacrifice, serve, and love their children without any boundaries.
Their selflessness and examples are what I continue to try to emulate in my journey of motherhood.
So, thanks to my mom and Chris's mom for being women who truly understand what it means to love and give sacrificially for their families!

This mother's day was a little different in the Fieldhouse because Chris was in Ghana.  But, don't feel sorry for me for a second because that sweet husband of mine outdid himself by giving me all {or what I thought were all} of my gifts before he even left.  He takes great care of me and always makes me feel special.  I am one lucky gal.  He even arranged to have his brother bring me flowers on mother's day and another friend bring my last gift to church.
I am seriously married to the greatest guy ever.
So, Micah and I spent mother's day celebrating my mom, her Mimi, with my dad and sister.
We enjoyed some good conversation and play time that morning, followed by a yummy lunch and dessert.  Micah made her Mimi and Grandmommy a special gift {that I don't have a picture of :(}, and we enjoyed getting to treat them.
Here are a few pictures of our day:
I also want to take a moment to acknowledge the bittersweet day that mother's day can often be.
For those of you who have lost mothers, never had a mother that truly understood what that role meant, or those that long to be mothers, Jesus calls to you and begs you to "come, all who are weary, and I will give you rest."  I pray that even in the midst of pain and brokenness on mother's day, you were able to find rest and peace and delight in Jesus.

No comments: