Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas with both of our families.  We had three full days of celebration with family, yummy food, gifts, and reminders of the incredible gift that is our Savior.  We are blessed to be able to spend the holidays with both sides because we all live in the same town.  That can make for somewhat stressful moments in planning for the holidays, but I am so thankful that we get to be with everyone at some point during Christmas.  We are certainly blessed. 

We spent Christmas Eve with my family.  Christmas Eve was always kind of the big deal in my house growing up.  We opened all our gifts from each other on Christmas Eve {Santa of course came on Christmas morning}, and I can remember the anticipation all day long.  So, it is fitting to celebrate Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve.
 
After our celebration with my family, we went home and got Micah all bathed and ready for bed.  Then, we read the last chapter of the book, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  This is a tradition that we have started in our family, and I love it.  The story of Jesus that is described in this book brings me to tears every time.  Then, Micah "wrote" a letter to Santa and left cookies out for him
but only after she tried to eat them herself :) 
Christmas morning had to have been my favorite.  When Micah woke up, Chris and I both went in to get her and tell her "Merry Christmas."  Then, I went to make sure Santa had everything set out correctly and get ready to take pictures.  Here is what Micah saw when she came around the corner:
Check out her reaction.  I LOVE IT!!!






Christmas Day was spent with Chris's family.  We had brunch and opened gifts.  We had a great time just relaxing and spending time with his parents and siblings.  This was the first year that we haven't had some other gathering to be at on Christmas Day, so it was nice to just be able to enjoy our time together.


The day after Christmas, we celebrated with Chris's mom's parents and her side of the family.  I only have these 2 pictures of Micah checking out one of the many Santas that adorn their house.  Oops!

We have one more Christmas celebration with Chris's dad's side of the family tomorrow.  We had such a wonderful Christmas.  I am always a little bit sad to see it go.  It seems like it is over entirely too quickly every year.  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh.My.Goodness!! Those "Christmas Morning Surprise" pictures are priceless! She is the most precious little sweetie! Love it! Happy New Year!