Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Christmas Card time...thanks, Shutterfly!!!

{I have lots of updates about my one year old and her first birthday and party to share, and I am slowly but surely pulling all of that together.  So, stay tuned for those updates in the near future!}

I love, love, love Christmas cards.  I love receiving them and seeing all the cute family pictures and kids that we haven't seen in a while.  I love checking the mail at this time of year, hoping to find a Christmas card in the sea of bills and junk.  And, I really love sending cards too.  I have been so excited about sending out Christmas cards this year since probably last Christmas.  I am one of those people who always wanted to send a photo card, but I just couldn't justify doing so with just Chris and me in the picture.  But now, we get to send our very first photo card with our sweet little munchkin.  I have been scouting Christmas card designs since before Thanksgiving, and I have really had a hard time deciding which way to go.

That was until I heard about the promotion Shutterfly is doing for bloggers.  When I heard that they were giving away 50 free Christmas cards to bloggers {which is amazing!!! especially when you are paying 2 mortgages!!!}, I knew I had to check them out again.  And, I was really excited about what I found.  They have a TON of designs to choose from, and I found lots of things that I loved about them.  1) They have a lot of non-conventional designs.  I don't want my Christmas card to look the same as everyone elses. 
 2) You can personalize not only the greeting but the entire message on the card.  I am in love with that feature.  So many times I like a design but don't like the message.  Yay, Shutterfly!  3) I love how easy it is to personalize and add photos to their cards.  I don't have to spend all day trying to figure it out.

So, here are a few of my favorite designs so far:
 I love the clean, crispy look of this one.  I also love that it has spaces for multiple pictures, so my indecisive personality doesn't have to pick just one!
 I love how simple this card is, and I am really liking the traditional colors.
I love, love the banner at the top.  It is really too cute.  And, it is clean and not contrived.

You can check them all out here.  I highly recommend you stopping by Shutterfly to pick out your holiday cards.  Shutterfly also has some other great products that they offer.  {I think a couple of these would look fantastic in my house!!}  And, I am certain that grandparents would love one of these as a gift anytime!  I have not purchased other products from them, but I have used them to store my pictures online.  They have one of the best ways to share your photos with friends and family through their share sites.  They are super easy, and I love using it.  I will definitely be checking out their other products in the future as well.

Happy Christmas card giving and receiving, friends!!!
{and, if you haven't ordered yet, like me...don't forget to check out Shutterfly}

No comments: