Friday, December 10, 2010

facts

Because I didn't tell a little about what our one year old is up to in her letter, I am going to do it now.  I don't want to forget all the things she did over the past month and all the things that characterize her sweet self at one year old.

Micah, during your twelfth month of life, here is a little of what you were up to:

*You weigh 23lbs. 13oz., which puts you in the 80%.  You are 29 inches long, which is the 50%.  That to me means perfect!
*You took your first 2 steps all by yourself on your birthday.  You are still working out the whole walking thing, but you like to take a few steps at a time.
*You crawl so fast, and you can cruise at lightning speed too.
*You love, love your "lawn mower" push toy.  Really, you love anything you can push around the house.
*You have a new love for baby dolls, and you were using a really old one of mine until the Thompsons got your one of your own for your birthday.  You will kiss the baby and "love" on it by holding it close and patting it.  This is probably my favorite thing you do.
*You have started really picking up the babbling.  You love to talk and will often talk to your babies in the car while we drive.  Your most recent vocabulary addition is "buh buh" {bye bye}.
*You still have no teeth.  It's crazy!  I was beginning to worry, but Dr. R reassured us that they WILL come in.  You have always been on your own time table :)
*You go to the nursery at church with no problems whatsoever.  I think you really love being with all the other babies your age and just watching them.
*You are so observant.  You just take everything in.  I like that about you.
*You love to splash in the bathtub now.  It's pretty cute.
*You are still Wrigley's #1 fan, and you get such a kick out of handing him toys.  Your favorite is to "throw" his tennis ball to him.
*I weaned you this month, so you are completely on soy milk, water, and solid foods now.  Kind of makes this momma sad, but I am so thankful for the blessing that time was for a whole year.
*Speaking of food, you still LOVE it.  Your favorites are grapes, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, and goldfish.
*You are still a great sleeper.  Nothing seems to phase you with that.  2 naps each day and sleep all night with no problems.  I love it!
*Your hair is growing like crazy, and I absolutely think it's precious.  We are done with headbands and only clip little bows into your hair.  It makes you look like such a little girl!

I am sure that I didn't mention every single thing about my sweet one year old, but those are just a few {or a lot maybe} of the things that she's been up to.  So thankful for my precious Micah and love her to pieces!

No comments: