Thursday, December 2, 2010

one year

 My dear sweet ONE year old,

Micah Elisabeth, you have rocked my world. In the one year that you have been alive, you have changed me completely. I remember one year ago as I looked at your face for the first time, and I was instantly in love with you. Even still, I could not have comprehended the ways in which my love for you would grow over the next year. Month by month, day by day, and moment by moment, you have stolen my heart.  Being your momma is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I look at the world differently than I did before you. I love your daddy more than I thought I could, and I love the Lord and appreciate his goodness and faithfulness more than ever.
I longed for you, sweet girl, for a very long time. In fact, for as long as I can remember, I have wanted to and dreamed about being a momma. I longed for the day that I got to hold my baby, rock her, sing to her, play with her, kiss her, and love her. And, your daddy and I longed for you for quite some time as well. For a year, we prayed for a baby, and you were God’s perfect answer. We shed tears of anguish and joy as we prayed for you. You are our miracle, my sweet girl. Everything about the way in which God created you, knit you together, and continues to strengthen you every day is miraculous. Everything about you is more than I could have ever asked for or imagined. Being your parents is truly an honor for your daddy and me, and your sweet life has blessed us immeasurably.
Your daddy and I are so thankful for you. We are thankful for the healthy little girl you are. We are thankful for the way God answered our prayer for a sweet child. We are thankful for the joy you bring to our lives. We are thankful for the richness and depth of meaning we have discovered because of you. We are thankful for the ways in which God has revealed to us his character in and through you. We are thankful that, because of you, we have a more broad view of the world around us and the needs of others, especially children.

Your daddy and I also have many prayers for you. We pray for your continued growth and development. We pray that you will be healthy and strong as you grow. We pray that you will know the long, wide, deep love of our Lord. We pray for the day that you will confess the name of Jesus Christ. We pray that you will have a heart for God and for his people. We pray that you will be a child and woman that brings justice and mercy to your world. We pray that you will have an incredible relationship with the Lord. We pray that you will be filled with the Spirit and walk in step with his guidance. We pray that you will live radically, unashamed, just the way Jesus lived and calls us to.

You are incredible, kiddo! I really cannot believe that one year is already here. You are a bundle of fun and joy, and I love chasing your babbling little self around the house. Your smiles, giggles, and babbles are the best! You are a blessing, and you have had an amazing year. Happy Birthday, Micah Elisabeth!!!
I love you, to the moon and back!

Your Momma

1 comment:

Mom & Mimi said...

My sweet daughter Stacey,
What a beautiful expression of love for your precious little girl and our granddaughter Micah. You are a wonderful Mother and Micah will be so very proud to call you her Mommy.

Such gorgeous pictures! She certainly looks alot like me...don't you agree?!?!?
I love you,
Mom