Wednesday, December 16, 2009

my two week old baby

Micah is two weeks old today. It's amazing to me how much she has already changed in such a short period of time and how I fall more in love with her everyday! She has started staying awake {and happy} for longer periods of time, and it is so fun to talk to you and watch her find us with her eyes. I have a feeling that being a parent is just going to get more and more fun!

We went for her two week appointment yesterday, and she had to get her PKU test done again. Oh my goodness. It was awful! Poor baby screamed the whole time, and it took what felt like an eternity. This is how she spent most of the rest of the day...totally wiped out! But, looking super cute :)

She weighed 8 lbs 9 oz, which is up 13 oz from last week! We have a good eater on our hands. And, she is 21 1/4 inches long. That puts her in the 50% for weight and 75% for length {we all know she doesn't get that from me:)} Because she is back up to her birth weight, we get to let her sleep at night for as long as she wants, which is super exciting. She's been a great night sleeper since we brought her home, and last night, she went 5 1/2 hours between feedings!!! It was amazing. Now, I realize that won't always be the case, but it sure felt good for Chris and me. The doctor also thinks that Micah may be having some heartburn/reflux and gave us a prescription for some meds. We think we can already tell a difference and are relieved that Micah will be feeling better!

Micah made her first trip to Wal-Mart this morning, and I don't think she loved it. No surprise! Now, she is enjoying some quality time with her daddy. Happy 2 weeks, baby girl! We love you to the moon and back.

2 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

I could sit here for HOURS just looking at her & smiling. I look through my brag book many times a day!!
love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures! Can't wait to see you in a few days! Love all of you (to the moon and back)!

Grandmommy