Saturday, January 11, 2014

Our Favorite Muffins.

All three of my children love muffins for breakfast.  They may actually devour muffins more voraciously than they eat up donuts.  Our very favorite muffins around this house are banana bread muffins.  The kids would probably eat a whole batch in one sitting if I would let them, and Chris and I are pretty big fans too. Micah and I made a batch of mini muffins just this week for a play date with one of her best little friends from preschool, and they were a big hit.
We follow this recipe for banana bread from one of my friends from college.  My grandmother has a great recipe as well, but honestly, I think Kerbi's is my absolute favorite that I have ever tried.  I have made both loaves of banana bread, regular size muffins, and mini muffins with this recipe, and they never turn out dry but perfectly moist and delicious.  The only change I make it omitting the nuts because we prefer our banana bread sans nuts in this house (and sometimes I add chocolate chips!).
For the mini muffins, we cut the recipe in half (except the vanilla...my philosophy in baking is that vanilla makes everything more delicious), and it yielded 30 mini muffins.
We also added a handful of mini chocolate chips to the batter.
 
I sprayed the muffin tins with baking spray and filled them 2/3-3/4 full of batter.  Bake the mini muffins at 350*F for about 15 minutes or until the muffins are set and tops are light golden brown.
 Enjoy!

No comments: