Friday, January 3, 2014

Back At It.

It has been a while since I have visited this space, and while I have missed it, it has been nice.  I needed the break.  I needed the time to just live moments with my family and be present during the changes and transition.  Relieving myself of the "pressure" to write something here and to document every worthwhile and not-so-worthwhile moment in our family's life allowed me to actually fully experience it.  I am grateful for those months where I gave myself the freedom to just be.
I am ready to be back to writing, to documenting, to fleshing out the things the Lord is doing in me and in my family.  This blog may look a little different than it used to.  The time off taught me that I will actually remember events that take place in our family even if I don't record them here. I know, I know.  Crazy and novel thought. I just want to write and to take pictures and to learn and to grow in the process.  I will keep writing about our family because that is where most of my life is lived and most of my lessons are learned, but I also want to keep my hands and heart open to writing about other things.  I want to be true to myself and to honor my family and God in the process.  I want to give myself grace on this blog, and I want to be honest and vulnerable about where I am in life and the work the Lord is doing in my heart.
So, there you have it.  I'm back.
I'm ready for a hope and Jesus-filled 2014!
 ********
For those interested, here is a quick recap of 2013.

No comments: