Monday, May 28, 2012

Mercy Project Mondays

I feel like one thing that gets neglected on this blog is the nonprofit that Chris and I started and that he now runs full-time, Mercy Project. In fact, Mercy Project pretty much gets neglected by me on pretty much all accounts. It's hard for me to figure out why this is. I think I put it into its own category, completely separate from the rest of my life and what I do on a daily basis. That is so false. What we do with Mercy Project is what we want our family to be about: Kingdom stuff. Some days I prefer to think of MP as what Chris does and not what we do. And then Micah goes and draws a picture of one of the boys on the lake while we are playing, and I am reminded that MP is defining our family. It just smacks me right in the face like that. I realize that I can try {for some unknown reason} to keep it in its separate compartment, but it won't work. My two year old doesn't want it to work. God gently reminds me that Mercy Project is creating a world of service, compassion, and Jesus kind of love for my kids, and that is exactly the kind of people I want them to be. Here is the drawing of Agabe that was my reality check...


Because our lives truly are intertwined with Mercy Project, I am going to start dedicating Mondays on the blog to MP. I will try to blog every Monday {fingers crossed} about it. It will look different each week. Sometimes I will share about events, new ideas, villages, children, fundraising, Ghana, or just the ways the Lord is using MP in our family. I hope this will be a blessing for you, but mostly I hope the Lord will remind me to refresh my attitude about it being just a job. It is about so much more than that, and I've lost some of that conviction in the busyness of mothering.

So, here goes...
Please join us in praising God that a village in Ghana has agreed to partner with us and begin using aquaculture {cage fishing} for their method of fishing, which means about 15-20 slave children will be rescued, rehabilitated, and reintegrated with their families within the next 9 months. There are no words to describe how it feels to know that we are so close to this becoming a reality. God is good. He loves His children in Ghana. We are thankful to be a part of it. Will you pray with us as we begin this process? There are so many moving pieces, and we want things to go as smoothly as possible. We are praying for humility and favor and graciousness and for God's love to be present.

I'm sure I'll have lots more on this in the near future. It's getting exciting in Ghana!!!

No comments: