Saturday, May 26, 2012

9 months


My Beckett,

I cannot believe it's already {past} time to write another monthly letter to you.  I knew time would fly by, but it just feels like it is going faster and faster.  I need a pause button or at least one to put time in slow motion for a while.  You are already nine months old, and I just am in awe of how quickly you are growing up.  I know your birthday will be here before we know it, so I want to make sure to cherish each passing day before it is gone.  You are a light in my world, and I cannot imagine a day without your sweet smiles and hugs and cuddles and babbles.  This month was so much fun with you, my dear son.
You learned how to wave this month.  It is pretty cute to watch you try to figure it out.  You will just stare and stare at our hands while we wave at you, and then your little hand will get going, usually by your side!  Sometimes you wave at yourself because that is how our waves look to you.  I just love that precious little hand.  You love, love, love to give high fives, too, which is another new skill you learned this month.  Every time we hold out our hand and ask for one, you will smile so big, put your little hand right on ours, and giggle.  I would do it over and over just to watch you.
You are such a little cuddle-bug, and this makes your momma so very happy.  You adore being held and will almost never push away.  Sometimes when we are playing on the floor, you will crawl right into my lap so I can hold you.  I still love rocking you to sleep, and I am a lot less strict about putting you down awake than I was with your big sister {shhh...don't tell her :).  I just cannot get enough of your snuggles.  You have also become a pretty big momma's boy, and I kind of love it.  I know you will grow out of it, so I am trying to soak it up while I can.  You started giving us sweet, slobbery kisses this month.  I especially love when you grab my face so you can plant one on me.
Your eating is still going so well.  I have no idea what your favorite food is because you eat it all with enthusiasm!  Love that!  You will say "mmmm" with almost every bite, and it is precious.  Micah likes to imitate you and thinks it's pretty cute too.  You eat three solid food meals each day with us, and I have a feeling we will start you on table food pretty soon because... You have started picking up your own puffs from your tray and putting them in your mouth all by yourself.  You still don't have any teeth, but you are getting the hang of gumming down food.  Your daddy and I are in no rush for those sweet teeth to come in either!
 One of the most exciting things about this month is that you have become an incredible napper. You are taking two naps each day, and they are both usually 1 1/2 hours long.  I love that you are getting so much sleep, and I know it makes you feel so good to be rested.  Your afternoon nap falls at the same time as your sister's, and that makes your momma so happy.  Your night time sleep has also settled in, and you are consistently sleeping from about 7:15pm until 6:45am-7:00am.  You never need me in the night anymore.  Yay, Becks!
You still have the most pleasant, laid-back disposition, and we are still continuously getting comments every where we go about how happy you are.  You smile just because people look at you and flash them that precious dimple.  Your laugh is one of the sweetest sounds on this planet, and your daddy sure knows how to get them.  He can make you laugh at the drop of the hat.  Sometimes, you will just watch him and wait for it, and as soon as he even looks in your direction, you start laughing.  Love it!  You also laugh a lot at your big sister, especially at bath time.  You are precious together.
My sweet boy, you are a blessing.  Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Lord a thousand times for you and the sweet, sweet gift you are in our lives.  Your content personality and joy blesses me, and I pray that you will carry those with you throughout your life.  I love spending my days with you and your sister, and I am so thankful that you have your daddy as an example in your life. I know you will learn great things about being a strong, loving, compassionate, and serving man from him.  May you bring God's favor every where you go.  Happy 9 months, Beckett!
I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Momma

No comments: