Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easter...just a month or so late...

Better late than never, I suppose.  Since this blog is a place to keep my memories, here we go with Easter, even if it is over a month late.
My parents got the kids some cute buckets filled with Easter goodies on Saturday before Easter.
Micah loved it.
 
 

We had their Easter baskets ready for them on Sunday morning when they woke up.

 

 
We don't make a big deal about the Easter bunny in our house.  We are totally cool with our kids knowing this stuff comes from us, and we are totally cool with completely downplaying the Easter bunny.  
{Because really all the Easter bunny does is take away from the real joy of Easter which is Jesus.}
We got the kids all dressed up in their Easter duds.
Aren't they so cute?!?
 
I know that is probably really self-absorbed to say as their mother, but they are just so precious to me and complete rays of sunshine in my life.
After getting them all dressed, my parents and sister and Chris's sister's family came over to enjoy a yummy Easter lunch of brisket, potato casserole, salad, rolls, and a delightful dessert.
It was scrumptious.  I love those kinds of meals...they are just comforting and cozy.
After lunch, Cade and Micah had a little Easter egg hunt in our backyard.
 
Micah definitely understood what she was doing this year. 


She was pretty into it. 
 
 
Especially once she realized there was candy in the eggs.  That will do it.
Look how cute these cousins are.  I love their sweet friendship.
 
 
No pictures of the babies because Beckett was sleeping...there's always next year...

After our naps, we celebrated the real meaning of Easter at church.  I just want to take a moment to say how grateful I am for our church family here.  We are blessed by the realness we get to experience with them, and I walk away every single Sunday feeling full in my spirit.  Easter Sunday was no different.  I loved truly pondering the meaning of Easter and all the events leading up to it.  Praise God that we serve a Risen Lord!!!
Happy Easter, better late than never, from the Field family!

No comments: