Saturday, May 5, 2012

8 Months


My sweet Beckett Lucas,

You turned 8 months old on April 16, and I actually was not with you on that day.  I know it is silly, but I felt a little sad to miss one of your monthly birthdays.  Sentimentality is not something I am lacking!  We had a lot to celebrate because, true to baby-fashion, you changed a lot and experienced a lot of firsts this month.  The time is flying by, and I just want to soak up every inch of you just like you are right now because you are so sweet and so fun.
You are now a full-fledged crawler, and you are fast.  Once you got the whole thing figured out, you took off.  You love being able to easily get to toys, both yours and your sister's, as well as dog bowls, cords, and any tiny little piece of trash or other item laying on the floor that does not need to go in your mouth.  When you first discovered crawling, you would just hang out in the playroom for the longest time going from one toy to another.  I love your sweet, content personality, and it was fun to see that come out even in your play.  You are really moving these days, and as much as it makes me sad that you are becoming less and less of a "baby," I truly love watching you learn new things.
You said your first words this month!  You were babbling a lot even last month, so I knew a word would be coming soon.  On March 29, you were crying in the car because we were out past your feeding/bedtime, and you said "mama."  I wasn't sure at first, but Jojo was in the car and confirmed what I thought I heard.  You sure made my heart melt when you said it and have every single time since then.  You also said "dada" just a few days later.  Your little voice is one of the most precious sounds I have ever heard.  I love listening to you talk to yourself while we are driving in the car.
You love to play with toys, and you absolutely love putting everything in your mouth!  This kind of bothers your big sister, and she tries to take toys away from you when you put them in your mouth just so you won't "choke."  You love playing with Micah and love to be wherever she is.  One of your favorite things to play with is Wrigley's food bowl.  You love to bang it on the tile floor over and over.  You also love playing with the DVDs and will pull as many out as you can reach.  Even though it makes a mess that I have to clean up over and over again, I love seeing you explore and take charge of your world.  You are also a pretty big fan of Micah's play kitchen and opening and closing the oven door.  She is a good big sister and just lets you go to town.
Your eating is still going well, and you are becoming more patient with your solid food.  You still will scream at us sometimes if we don't hurry once you are in your highchair, and you will definitely let us know if you don't think we fed you enough!  Since you rarely fuss, it kind of catches us off-guard.  You love every food we have given you, and I cannot tell if you have any favorites.  You seem to love fruits and vegetables equally, and I really, really hope you carry that trend into your toddler and childhood years!  You are nursing four times a day, and I love it.
You are still our long and lean boy!  I don't know how much you weigh, but I know that your little 9 month shorts fall off your waist but are not at all too long.  You still wear size two diapers during the day and size three at night.  Your naps are becoming more consistent, and I am going to start trying to be more consistent in the times I put you down because I think that will help.  You take 2 naps a day, and you are sleeping about 11-12 hours at night.  Every once in a while, you will wake up in the night and cry for a couple of minutes, but you always put yourself back to sleep.  My favorite times of the day with you are still when I am rocking you to sleep, singing to you, and just staring at your sweet face.
My baby boy, you are too precious for words.  Your joy and contentment are such a blessing to your daddy and me, and we learn so much about those two characteristics of the Lord from you.  We are constantly being told by people what a happy baby you are and that is so true.  We pray that people will always say that about you, and we pray that we will nurture those God-given qualities in you.  Beckett Lucas, you are a gift to us and to the world.  We love being your mommy and daddy, and these past 8 months with you have been so blessed and full of joy because of your presence in our family.

I love you, to the moon and back!
Your Mommy

No comments: