Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Find Them Faithful

My children are always on my mind and heart, and lately, they have really consumed my prayers more than ever. I feel like the Lord is prodding me to speak truth into their lives and has, subsequently, been speaking truth about them into mine.
I want their bones to be straight, their muscles to be strong, their hearts to beat efficiently, and their brains to work just right.  
But, my greatest desire for them is that they will know the Lord intimately.
I want them to live rich, abundant, Spirit-filled lives.
I want them to know that they belong to the Lord, not me or Chris.
I want them to know that He is their Creator and knows them better than anyone else ever could.
I want them to understand that He is always there. They will NEVER walk alone.
I want them to be certain of His unending, unfailing love for them.
I want them to use the gifts which He created them to use.
I want them to be kind, compassionate, bold, mighty lovers of God and people.
I want them to fall asleep with His word in their hearts.
I want them to know that their daddy and I love them with all of our hearts but that could never compare to God's love for them. And, I don't want to ever stand in the way of that.
 
Oh, how I love them so.
But, they are not mine.   
They are His.  
Lord, help me to live in a manner worthy of these gifts you have given me for a short time on this earth. Find them faithful.

No comments: