Wednesday, June 2, 2010

six months...half birthday

{The lack of smiles in these pictures is due to the fact that Micah is much more interested in exploring her world than smiling for pictures. Go figure :) }

My sweet Micah,

You are six months old today, your half birthday. I truly cannot believe it's been half of a year since I first saw your beautiful face and held you in my arms. The first moment I laid eyes on you was truly amazing. It was unbelievable to think that you were mine and that God had trusted me and your Daddy with your sweet little life. Today has been full of reflection for your Momma, and over and over again, I am reminded just how blessed I am. You are so precious, and the last six months with you have been the most fulfilling in my life.

You have changed a lot this month and are starting to do lots of new and exciting things. You are sitting up like a pro these days. It's amazing how quickly you went from sitting for about 30 seconds to being able to balance on your own for as long as you want. You look like such a big girl when you sit all by yourself. In the past week or so, you have decided that sitting in one place for very long is not quite as fun as it used to be, and you want to start moving! You have started leaning forward until you fall on your tummy, and then you will either roll or scoot to get to what you want. It's crazy to sit you on your blanket and come back 2 minutes later to find you about 2 feet away! I have a feeling you will be crawling before I know it. You are very interested in your toys {and everything else around you} and will do whatever you can to get to them. I love watching you grow and develop and am so thankful for how healthy you are, even if you are growing up :)

This month you tried your very first food that you liked. You have eaten butternut squash, sweet peas, and sweet potatoes. You were not a fan of the squash, and you let us know this by never opening your mouth for a bite! Since it was the first food you tried, I wasn't sure if you truly didn't like it or if you just hadn't quite mastered the whole spoon to open mouth thing. However, when we gave you your first bite of those sweet peas, you discovered a whole new world. And, the sweet potatoes are your very favorite! You can't get your mouth open fast enough, and you make this little grunting noise to let us know you are ready for me. I haven't decided how cute that is yet :) You have also graduated from eating in the bumbo to your high chair. You were WAY too close to coming right out of that bumbo, so we figured it was time. I think you like sitting at the table with us, and we love watching you try your food and love it!

You went on your first plane ride and first trip out of state this month too. Our little family took a trip to Malibu for the Pepperdine Lectures, and you got to go to the beach for the first time. I think you liked it. You loved watching the surfers, and you are pretty much a big fan of water in general. Nothing calms you down or makes you happy like a bath! We had a great time in California, and I think it's a pretty cool place to claim as your first trip to another state. You also went to your first professional baseball game...Chicago Cubs at Texas Rangers. It was a beautiful evening, and the Rangers pulled out a win.

While we were at Pepperdine, you morphed into an amazing napper! I seriously couldn't believe that you slept for an hour and a half straight while not in my arms but laying all by yourself on the bed. I was pumped and hoped that it would carry over once we got home. This month, you have not disappointed me with your naps. You nap three times a day and always in your crib! You take one morning nap and two afternoon naps. The length of your naps are not consistent but can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Even though it's not predictable, I am so thankful that you sleep so well in your crib now. You also sleep in your crib every night, but unfortunately, you still wake up 1-2 times each night. You always eat and then go back to sleep immediately, which is nice, but we are about to start a little sleep training to help you sleep better and through the night. I absolutely LOVE coming in to get you when you wake up in the morning or from your naps. You are always just talking to yourself so sweetly and get a huge grin on your face the moment you see me! Be still my heart.

Your little personality is emerging more every single day, and I am totally in love with it! You make some of the goofiest little faces, and I love when you stick out your tongue as you smile at me and your Daddy. Your Daddy knows all of your sweet giggle spots, and he can sure get you going! It is so precious when he really gets you laughing hard, and I know he is in heaven. I love hearing your sweet little voice and how you discovered that you can make a gurgling sound with the spit in your mouth! I even think it's pretty cute, and kind of funny, that you often blow raspberries when you cry really hard. You definitely keep me on my toes and make me smile a million times a day.

My sweet girl, you are more than I could have ever imagined in a daughter. I am hopelessly smitten by you, and I treasure each day I get to spend with you. These first six months of your life have been incredible, and your Daddy and I are so blessed that God allowed us to be your parents. Just as we pray every night for you, my deepest hope for you is that you will "always act justly, learn to love mercy, and always walk closely with the Lord." (Micah 6:8). Happy half birthday, Micah Elisabeth!

I love you to the moon and back!
Your Momma

3 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

Oh Stacey, I know you can imagine how I felt after reading this and seeing all the new pictures of our darlin Micah. I love what your doing!!

Just when I thought she couldn't be any more adorable...what was I thinking?? Such a beautiful little girl and I'm so thankful to be her Mimi. <3
Love you all!

lindsey said...

i just love love love her! she is perfect.

Angela said...

Beautiful post, beautiful pictures and BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I love all of it! It makes my day to read your posts and see the pictures of precious Micah! Love y'all and see you soon!