Thursday, June 24, 2010

four weeks

Four weeks from today, a group of us heads to Ghana for 8 days to love on some precious kiddos. I am really, really excited to make this trip! It will be my first international mission trip, and I am already pretty invested in the sweet kids over there from our work with our nonprofit, Mercy Project. I can't wait to meet the rescued children, hold their hands, and hang out with them. We have lots of fun activities planned for the week, and I know that being in Ghana with these kids that we have dreamed about and prayed for will be beyond my expectations.

I am also pumped about the people going with us, and I am looking forward to serving together. I also know that I will fall even more madly in love with my husband while we are there. That always seems to happen when I watch him serve and do things when he is completely in his element! I am so thrilled to watch him do what he does best...love and serve with reckless abandon. I am just glad I actually get to be there with him this time!

I really am so ready to see these faces and hold these precious kiddos...

But, I am really, REALLY going to miss this face and holding this sweet pea...

I honestly haven't been able to think too much about it the past week or so because I get a little emotional. I literally spend almost every moment of Micah's waking hours with her, and I cannot imagine what it will be like not to see her sweet face, kiss her, hold her, or rock her for 8 whole days!!! She will be in great hands with her grandparents, I know that, but I sure will miss her like crazy. But, I am thankful to be creating a great legacy of faithfulness, service, and radical love for her. Even when it's not the easiest or most comfortable decision, I want her to know that her daddy and I will always put following the Lord first and will do everything we can to model the way of Christ for her and the rest of our family. I believe that starts now, with this trip to Ghana, and I can't wait to take her with us someday!

Four weeks...ahhhhh!!!!!!!!

No comments: