Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day!

Fathers play such an important role in the lives of their children. I think it has often been underestimated just how huge of an impact a dad has. I am beyond thankful that I have been blessed with many fantastic examples of fathers in my life, and today is a day to celebrate them. I love it!

I grew up with an incredible dad. He worked very hard to provide for our family, not just physically but spiritually and emotionally as well. I am certain that I truly never appreciated all that he sacrficed to make sure that my mom could stay home with us and be available for everything we needed. Despite all the hours that he worked, I also knew that he would always make it to every single activity in which my sister and I participated. To my dad, thank you for working so hard to ensure that we always had food on the table, clothes on our backs, a roof over our heads, and never lacked for anything we needed. Thank you for continuing the legacy of faith that was passed on to you and will be passed on to my children. Thank you for the ways you always supported me and continue to do so. Thank you for your encouragement, motivation to be the very best I can be, and your constant love. It has been a true joy to watch you be a Pappy to my daughter. I love you!


I also have a wonderful father in law. To Larry, thank you for the ways you taught your son to love me and our daughter so selflessly. I am truly beyond grateful for the incredible example Chris saw in you of a loving, respectful husband. Thank you for the ways you worked hard for your family and supported Chris in everything that he has done and continues to do. I am glad that Micah has such a great Pops!


Now, to my sweet, sweet husband. Wow! Micah and I are beyond blessed by you. You are an even greater father than I could have ever imagined you to be. I love the ways you make Micah smile and laugh even when she's in he middle of a screaming fit! No one can do that quite like you can. I love the ways you both light up when you see each other, and I cannot wait to watch that bond continue to grow between the two of you. But, even more than watching you love on our baby girl, I am so thankful for the wonderful example of Jesus that she will see in you every day as she grows up. Your selflessness, not only with our little family but with the world around you, is nothing short of amazing. Your love for the least of these in our world exudes Christ, and I know that God smiles when he watches you in action with His children. Micah and our future children will learn so much Jesus from walking life with you. Thank you for already being the kind of dad that will leave an eternal impression on our children. Thank you for sacrificing yourself not only for us but for the world that so desperately needs Jesus. You are truly amazing, Chris Field, and I am so thankful that you chose me to be the momma to your children. I love you more than you could ever know, and so does your baby girl.
On December 2, 2009, you became a daddy.


I already knew you were one special guy, but I had no idea how much that would multiply in the past six and a half months. Happy Father's Day, love!

No comments: