Tuesday, June 8, 2010

a wonderful weekend

We just had the most wonderful weekend! We spent lots of time as a little family of three and enjoyed some fun stuff together. Even though I always enjoy lazy weekends with my loves, this weekend was probably one of my favorites. We started it off on Friday morning with Micah's 6 month appointment. Dr. S told us that Micah looks just perfect, which always puts a big ole smile on my face. We got her stats, and she got 3 shots {NOT the highlight of the weekend}. Here are Micah's 6 month stats: weight - 18 lbs., 11 oz {90%}, length - 26 in. {60%}, head - 42 cm {25-50%}. She's still our chunky monkey, and I LOVE every single roll on that sweet little body! I will be sad when they start to go away some day. So, the shots were pretty yucky, of course, and she did the whole silent, hold my breath, wait for it scream/cry thing. So pitiful. But, that only lasted a minute or two. She did run a little fever with the shots but was in good spirits for the most part.

Friday evening, we used the grill for the first time this summer and made us a yummy dinner of sausage, corn on the cob, and asparagus. DELISH!!! Thanks to my sweet hubby for grilling our food to perfection. My mouth is watering just thinking of this deliciousness...

Chris finally got a jogging stroller because Micah is finally old enough to go with him. So, on Saturday morning, Chris took Micah on her first run. I don't know which of them had a better time. Chris was pretty much giddy all evening on Friday and couldn't wait to take his little girl for some special time together. Micah enjoyed herself, and she even managed to sneak in a little nap. I slept their run away and enjoyed every moment of it! I love watching my favorites spend time together!

After the run, we took Micah to a neighborhood swimming pool for her very first swim. She was a huge fan! We already knew that she loved bath time, so we hoped that would translate into loving the pool. She is a lover of all things water! This girl was in heaven. We stayed for a while, and she smiled almost the whole time! We took quite a few pictures of her loving it, and I couldn't decided which one to post. So, here are a few :)





So much fun! We can't wait to take her back.

We went to a wedding on Saturday afternoon, which was Micah's 2nd wedding. The first one was in February, and Chris was officiating. However, Micah did not get to join in on the festivities because she preferred to just scream and cry in the hallways of the hotel. Nice. I am glad to reveal that this wedding was much better for Miss Micah, and she didn't make a peep. Good girl!

The rest of Saturday and Sunday were spent relaxing as a family, going on walks, shopping for some gifts, and loving being together. I honestly was not ready to see the weekend go. I loved our wonderful weekend and look forward to many more!

No comments: