Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Fun Discoveries in Rowlett & 18 Weeks

I have encountered a couple more cool things in this new city of ours.

*Mariner Park neighborhood swimming pool - Thanks for our friends, the Westbrooks, I swim about 3 times a week at this pool. The best thing about it is that I go around 9:30 or 10:00am, NO ONE is there yet, and it is FREE! This may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but to this pregnant girl, it is wonderful! I have always said I wanted to swim for exercise when I got pregnant, and let me tell you, it is the best form of exercise. I feel light and cool, and it is really a great work out. I even get some sun too! I have really enjoyed the pool this summer.

*Mr. Mutt's Dog Wash - This place is incredible! Seriously. I don't know if they have places like this is every town, but I had never been introduced to one. Basically, it is a place where you take your dog to bathe them. They have about 5 "stalls" which are like metal bathtubs but at eye level when you are standing. There is a place to hook the dog's collar in, so he can't escape! The water, shampoo, and conditioner {yes, conditioner, for a dog!} all come out of the same sprayer, you just move the dial to which one you want to use. And, this is no wimpy sprayer either...it works good! Then, they have towels and mega dryers to use when you are done. So, for a minimal fee, you can have a super clean dog without a sore back, hair and water all over your bathroom, and the wet dog smell permeating your house. I don't know that we will ever go back to washing Wrigley at home. I will try to get pictures there next time we go because I feel like my explanation has been atrocious, but here is a picture of our clean boy.


Now, what you have all been waiting for {well, at least my mom and sister}... Today marks 18 weeks for sweet baby Field. The little lovey is about the size of a bell pepper, and it's nervous system is developing a lot right now. The biggest news I have from the past week or so is that I have felt the baby move! At first, I wasn't quite sure of what it was, but after it happened a few nights in a row, I decided that indeed it was the baby. It is a pretty awesome feeling... kind of like a little wave. I mostly feel it at night, when I am laying really still, but I know that will all change soon! I love feeling that sweet pea moving around in my belly. And, in two weeks we find out if we are having a precious little girl or sweet baby boy. What a miracle the whole process truly is, and I am trying to really enjoy each moment.
18 weeks


Blessings...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaaahhhhh!!! your baby bump is just TOO cute! i love it! and i love you. cannot WAIT to see you. i think i'm buying my return ticket today!! yay!!

Mom & Mimi said...

Ohhh..you are simply glowing and yes you are growing..how EXCITING! Sweet little lovey is growing and stretching too!! Wrig has found a new hot spot huh?? How fun for you guys!!

lv u honey

Angela said...

Hey! I've been waiting for it too...You look absolutely adorable! I'm so glad everything is going well! Love y'all!