Monday, July 20, 2009

It's a...

...
...
...
GIRL!!!

We had a great day and couldn't be more thrilled to get the news that we will be bringing home a sweet little lady in December! I could have never imagined how excited I would be to know that the little sweet pea growing inside of me is a girl. It makes it so much more real. I can't wait to meet her and kiss her sweet little face, hands, and feet! The sonogram was absolutely amazing. They had a 32" flat screen TV that we got to watch it on. We got to see EVERYTHING--her brain, all 4 chambers of her heart, her kidneys, the umbilical cord, her spine...and, it was all perfect! That is one word I love to hear about my baby girl! Here we are after we heard the news that we needed to get busy buying pink {we hadn't even left the sono room yet!}

We called our families and got to share the exciting news with them, but we, of course, had to be creative about the big reveal. So, Chris wrote a poem for both boy and girl, I put them on scrapbook paper, and put them inside a Christmas card in separate envelopes. On the outside of one of the envelopes, we wrote "Merry" and on the other, "Christmas." So, when we called our parents, we told them which envelope to open (Christmas being the girl one :) It was exciting, and they are all ready to get busy in preparation for sweet baby girl! This is the first grandbaby for my parents, and the first granddaughter for Chris's parents. So much fun!

Daddy's first picture with his little girl...she already has him wrapped around her TINY finger!

After our sonogram, we had our first appointment with Dr. G, who will deliver this sweet girl. We loved her! She was super sweet, and we could tell immediately that she is passionate about what she does. Dr. G is exactly what I wanted in my doctor, and I am so pleased. She also said everything was perfect, and all my measurements look great.

When we left our appointment, we headed straight to Babies R Us to buy our little girl her first outfits. I love baby clothes, and I love them even more when I think about putting my daughter in them.

We had a wonderful day! I am so thankful that we got great news about our sweet girl today, and I am praising God for his faithfulness and amazing miracle! We are blessed!

3 comments:

Alison said...

YAY!!! We are thrilled for you guys...wow. so exciting! i love your first few outfits, and i know you will just LOVE gathering up everything else that she will need. We are very thankful to hear she is just perfect! Congrats! Love you guys.

Mom & Mimi said...

What a perfect picture of you two! It certainly says it all. : ) So fun for us to open the card today. Loved the poems..such cute cards!
What adorable little outfits!! I can see our little angel in them right now.
Thanks for being so thoughtful.
Love you!

mom/holly said...

What can we say except YAAAAAAAAAAAH! We would have be thrilled with a little boy of course, but, a little girl is just what we were hoping for! Love the outfits. Are they newborn size? Cute, cute, cute.