Friday, July 24, 2009

whew...what a week!

It is truly amazing how much more real the whole pregnancy became once we knew this baby inside of me is a little girl! It is so much fun to be able to say "she" and "her," and I love dreaming about her now. Chris and I are definitely planners, so there was never a question whether or not we would find out the gender. And, this planning nature has definitely kicked into high gear since Monday around noon. We have been using almost all of our spare time to look on the internet for sweet baby girl things and going to fun baby stores. Here is just a little bit of what we have done:
*Ordered and received baby girl's crib! Can't wait to put it together soon!
*Searched and searched for baby bedding for many hours.
*Ordered the perfect crib bedding for our girl...I will post pictures once we get it!
*Glider and ottoman have been ordered by my sweet parents. Thanks again, Mimi and Pappy!
*Been to Target once, just to look.
*Been to Lonestar Baby and Kids twice--only because the first time we drove the 30+ minutes to get there, it was already closed!
*Received some sweet outfits for baby girl.
*Chosen her name, which we LOVE and is absolutely perfect.
But, don't ask...we're not telling until she is born!

This is just so much fun, all the planning, and I can only imagine how that will be infinitely multiplied once she's here! I am so in love with her already, and I smile every time I feel her little kicks and movements. The creation of life is truly a miracle, and I am so thankful that God has given us this gift.

This week also brought the halfway mark of the pregnancy! UNBELIEVABLE. I cannot believe that in just another 20 weeks, our sweet pea will be here, in our arms. Even though we have obviously already done a lot of planning, there is a lot left to do in the next 20 weeks. And, we have some busy weeks ahead of us, but we are just thankful for this time in our lives. Here we are, me and sweet girl, at 20 weeks. Growing, growing, growing :)


Thanks for checking in! Stop back by soon for an exciting post...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look precious!!!

Lisa cosper

Mom & Mimi said...

what a perfect week you had!! it is simply infinite joy. : )
your beautiful!!

lv momma

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
You don't know me but I was admiring the colors on your blog. My friend and I are making a new website. And I began reading your post. I enjoy learning peoples stories, or you can say I'm nosey. As I scanned your posts I read you are new to Rowlett and gather that ya'll are part of a local church. I've been in the Lake Ray Hubbard community for 18 yrs. We're members of Lake Pointe and I write for a community magazine called Living that you recieve monthly by mail. Anyway, just wanted to welcome you.
Blessings,
michelle wallace
handoftheKing.blogspot.com